Guitarists

Discussion in 'Music Section' started by Jimsworthy, Thursday 14th Jul, 2011.

1. Jimsworthy Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hey all

New to these parts, wondering if there's any fellow guitarist about?

Cheers!

2. riddick666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Played for a few years never reaply got anywhere with it, soon as i learnes to drive i lost intrest tbh, still got my les paul tho

3. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been playing 11 years to the day!

What guitars have you got? I'll get some pics up of mine later.

4. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Been playing since i was like 11 and im 24 now lol haven't played it as much the past few years, but bought a new acoustic the other day, and also re-built a mean 7 string last year,

Had 15guitars at one point, then i got a car............... now Im down to 3 that I use and 3 in bits haha

what style / music to you play ?

5. Jimsworthy Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Re-built a 7?! Niiice. I play all sorts, But I'm in a hard rock band, so thats my main forte.

Awesome! I've got 3, reduced from 6! Cutrrently got a beat acoustic, a Ibanez RG350 and a new charvel So-Cal :headbang:

6. Mr Scott Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can play Guitar hero does that count :laugh:

7. Pneuma Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I used to play loads....started to get back into it recently.

My girlfriend bought me an all white 60's reissue telecaster a few years back.

I've also got a fairly decent acoustic and a mandolin :Smile:

8. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You have the best girlfriend! I'd love to add a tele to my little collection, which consists of:

A haggard semi acoustic and Yamaha Pacifica, both cheap but the Pacifica feels so good to play:

Yamahaacoustic.

Gibson Les Paul, some guy's scribbled on the scratch plate too :whistle:

Gibson.

And my favourite, Richwood RE-135 Tree Of Life Ltd Edition, one of 24 in this colour, less than 250 in the world. As soon as I saw it, I had to have. I've never seen such a beautiful guitar since.

Richwood.

Richwood2.

9. J90 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Used to play a lot during school but then stopped for ages, just recently started to do a bit of widdiling again. I ain't great.

Classic gitbox.

Nice collection Stu!

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 14th Jul, 2011
  10. Jimsworthy Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Sweet Collection man, I'll get some pics up of my gear at somepoint!

11. Adam-VT Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I played on and off since i was 15, I'm 19 now. I haven't picked it up for 6-7months. I have a left handed Squier Stratocaster. I'll get some pics up tomorrow. :Smile:

Very nice gear btw Stu!

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 3rd Aug, 2011
  12. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Started playing when I was 8 and I'm 21 now :Smile:

I've been through quite a few guitars and amps tbh! I've got 2 old Zenta guitars (JDM from the 60s yo); one is wired with burns trisonic pickups, and the other is a custom (by me) wired teleaster look-a-like, a squier strat and a yamaha bass; amp wise, just a Laney single celestion 12 and my mean little all tube Fender Champ; nasty little fucker that is :Tongue:

I'm trying to save, but I aspire to eventually collect a 50s Telecaster Reissue and the absolutely stunning Gretsch G5122 DC, matched with a tweed '57 Fender Deluxe! God I'd be happy with that collection sitting in my living room :Tongue:

Effects wise I've just got my pride and joy, Boss DD20, digitech pitch shifter and Crybaby wha! I would like a tremolo at some point though :Smile:

Music wise; Radiohead, RATM, Bloc party, At the drive in/mars volta - stuff like that! I have copy of the album RATM signed by Tom Morello :thumbs: (And a signed copy of Son of Ran's second album if you like hip hop :Tongue: )

13. EkWEST Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Im a bassist. I win.

14. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only if you play slap!

Cheers guys, it's what the money used to go on before cars! Think it will again sometime, there's a fair few more I'd like to own at some point: Fender Telecaster, PRS Custom, SG double neck and a Les Paul Custom. Like, properly custom, made to my specs :Smile:

Oh, and a Brian May signature model! Just for that tone.

Awesome! B)

15. Adam-VT Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

16. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

used to play bass, got a car. never played bass again.

17. EkWEST Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

haha I can slap, but never really used it in any bands because I prefer a plectrum! & pretty much dito on what Gary said, haven't played in a band for over a year & all my money goes into cars.

18. Chris_EK9 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Iv been playing for about 15 years now, though Im more of a drummer these days.

Nice collection Stu, love the les paul.

Iv sold most of my guitars now, had 6 at one point, now I mainly play my Yamaha LLX16 acoustic and my Modified Vintage SG.

DSC04147.

Only picture I could find of my SG with my old Aria semi, taken about 5 years ago

DSC01212.

19. EkWEST Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Good old Zoom multi effects pedal :Grin:

20. jdm-mike Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i got a bc rich beast and a jackson js20 had a flying v and numerous other guitars when i was younger, but sold them off.