GT5 demo

Discussion in 'Technology, Gaming & Phones' started by Liam, Saturday 19th Dec, 2009.

1. Liam Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

has anyone played the gt5 demo on the ps3? if so whats your lap time?

it drives me mad an loose hours trying to get the perfect lap so far i've got 1.40.06 which ranks me in over 2k place lap record is 1.36.05 or something close to that (turned it off now so can't check) top 250 places are all in the 1.37. lap times:Angry:

2. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its shit, didnt even bother playing it... i perfer nfs shift demo than gt5..

just waiting for the full game to come out then gonna check whats it gna be like tbh..

3. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

how do i get this?

4. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you need to download it from the playstation store. (free) :Smile:

5. stillmatic Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

just tried it don't like it at all

6. Liam Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

its not easy for sure hehe not your usual flat out an turn shit like most games now. don't like the car mid engine rear drive to much like hard work keeping the power smooth.on the black stuff its realistic but get on the green it thinks its snow or ICE like. nobody into gt on here??

7. IV-TEC Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I like the GT games and this demo is very hard to master, especially with the limitatiion of the joypad. I think those fatsest times have been set with a proper steering wheel and pedals. It's the only way you can get a the power down smoothly.

8. Liam Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have a steering wheel/pedals an its still hard like, you gain most of the time thru and entring the corner but go offline or bit to fast its fucked aargh love the challenge tho be no point if it were easy

9. stillmatic Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

well im not too bad at it just think forza is far better

10. omp Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Theres absoluteley no progression if you get in a slide which pisses me off, as soon as the back end gets a twitch on it's game over. Other than that and the fact of no clutch it's good

11. Ricky@Race-Tech Commercial Services Trader

I've not got the demo but GT games are generally realistic which is a downfall. However as your not actually in the car it takes you a lot longer to react to a slide.

I'll have to get the PS3 out and download it, but Forza 3 and the Microsoft feedback steering wheel etc are going to be very hard to beat for actual gameplay.

12. omp Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i agree with you mate, but GT Prologue is much better, perhaps its just the base car they give you or something but its not as good, at lease you can catch the car back if the arse steps out on the prologue game, on this its twitch and spin straight away

13. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just had a quick blast on the demo. Got 1'42.086 as my quickest lap in the tuned 370z. I see what you lot mean about it being twitchy! Doesn't seem very powerful when you come out the tight corners, but that may just be me. Looking foward to seeing what the finished article will be though.

14. turbodailydan Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

fastest i got so far is 1.40 getting a fat headache doing lap after lap lol well frustrating

you know if you go on the leader board you can load the ghost car of the fastest lap time and then you see how they take the corners etc

i think alot of it is letting off the gas before braking rather than slam on the brakes. little things like that make the difference in time

bloody hard though!!

15. Garage-12 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

just tried it and i'm really not a fan!, i hope GT5 is absolutely nothing like this or i can see me selling it as soon as i buy it. huge let down

16. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the car is shit lol.

17. dean85 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

im hopefully getting a ps3 for xmas from me partner, mainly for this game, i hope it aint shit otherwise id have a xbox,

18. Liam Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

its not shit but just bloody hard to get a fast time as its (i would imagine) true to life but you can't feel what the cars doing. lol to getting a mega sore head after hours of the same god damn wank track in a nightmare handling car!!!!!!!

also the driving physics on pro or somethin think the real one will have same options as before. try gt4 or prolog on that driving setting its a nightmare no room for error. you have to load the gost of the gt drivers moose he's a cock!! only cuz he creeps away the whole lap hehe. down to a 1.39something now an 1.53 in the standard shitter haha its a nightmare after the tuned one. soz for the story had a lot of shit to say as its a stressfull game lol

19. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Take it nobody has mentioned the fact it's a GT academy test track/car then? To see who's the best for the chance to win a real life race seat.

It's not a 'GT5 demo' as such, just a test for wannabe race drivers. Hence why it has to be difficult :Smile:

20. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i was 4900th with the faster car last night lol