Got an iPhail?

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Relentless, Wednesday 18th Nov, 2009.

1. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't be a stupid person "Its only your bank details at stake"

:rofl:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8349905.stm

2. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rick Ashley rocks..

3. Bong Guest

He was a good choice thats for sure

4. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

breaking news you can now get rick rolled on your Iphone

5. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    Rofl mines not jailbroken so im safe haha

6. Bong Guest

Yeah it has to be jail broken

The hacker is funny though, taking advantage of the default password and then ripping you for not changing it, I don't like hackers for the trouble they cause but I do respect them for how clever they are and it makes it funny when they take the piss

7. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine is jailbroken, But no stupid ass virus will get my 3GS, for a start I've changed the standard password for SSH so it couldn't access it, I also disable SSH until its needed.

To do this go into Cydia, Search for "mobile terminal" and install it,

Re spring

Then go into terminal

Type "SU"

Default password is "Alpine"

Set new password = Jobs a gooden :Smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 18th Nov, 2009
  8. Porker New Member Getting Started

iRolled. Lol.

9. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Theres so much stuff hackers can do to the iphone. My bluetooth is never on and i'm not gonna jailbrake it.

Rick is a cock

10. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Jail-breaking is safe (and a must IMO) You just gota know what your doing

11. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How the fuck is it a must? If it was a must then apple would have had it on the phone. I wouldn't let anyone touch my phone and do stuff to it and mess about with the technology. And the article that bong has posted clearly shows that "jail broken" phones can get hacked into.

I'd rather not be a cheapo and pay for the apps instead of taking the risk to arse about with it then when it eventually gets hacked into apple will tell me to fuck off as i have mad the warranty void.

Edit: Just looked over this post and noticed its abit agressive :Frown: Sorry hahah

12. WIlkesyMB6 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Haha I hate iPhones, such a status symbol

13. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh dear, Clearly not understanding that the same guy who works for apple to LOCK IT DOWN creates the UNLOCK (Jailbreak) They hack into your phone using SSH- Secure Managed File Transfer, THEY CAN ONLY "HACK" IN IF YOU don't CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. If you needed to send your phone back to apple for any reason you can reset the operating system to standard. Technology is a wonderful thing, If you learn to understand it :Tongue:

14. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

15. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I jailbroke my old iPhone, was cool for a while, but never ran as fast as it should have. I haven't bothered to do my new one though, and there's nothing I really miss about it being jailbroken... apart from my Civvi slider of course!

IMG_0364.

16. Spoon_Civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I thought that, then I got one and realised how fucking good they actually are.

17. Porker New Member Getting Started

Until you want to take a good picture, or multitask :Tongue:

I like em, but not enough to own one...

18. Spoon_Civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have a 10.1 mega pixel camera, and I am not that much of a geek that I actually need to multi task.

19. Porker New Member Getting Started

Then you need an iPhone.

Oh noes...

20. Spoon_Civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Didnt need one but the upgrade was free and I thought I'd give it a go knowing that if I didnt like it I could return it within three weeks. Turned out its come in handy a few times and for ease of use its fantastic for me.