Tyres & Wheels Goodyear Eagle F1s

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mw88, Thursday 14th Mar, 2019 at 1:38pm.

1. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anyone have any experience of running Eagle F1's on their cars?

Had a set of Asymmetric 3's fitted on the front the other week, and when it's dry they're great - But something doesn't feel right when it's wet. Last couple of days in the rain I've had less aquaplaning on the bald Rainsport 3s which were taken off.

Need to get tracking done, and will double check they've not been fitted backwards (If that's possible!), as they aren't matching what I've read currently - Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with them?

2. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Eagle F1s are usually highly rated, definitely worth checking them for direction.

mw88 likes this.
  3. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Check your tyre pressures, don't be afraid to try a little above and below what the manual says to run.
    The Goodyears always take a while to bed in, somewhere around 600 to 800km should be enough to give a good impression.
    Bear in mind these tyres have been superseded by the Asym 5 now, check the manufacture date on the sidewall in the oval next to the DOT stamp to make sure they aren't old stock.

4. Sphinx Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Had them on mine. They were OK, but not great. The pilot sport 3 (and v4 I had later on) were much better.

There is a thread I made on here about it, but I can't find it on my phone .

5. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys.

Date on the side is 4818 - They've been on the car for about 3 weeks 1500 miles.

Wasn't able to see any inside/outside marking on the tyre but will have a better look tomorrow.

6. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Week 48 of 2018 is pretty fresh, they should be scrubbed in at this stage.
    I would be looking at alignment myself.