Engine & Gearbox Gone from a Civic to .........

Discussion in 'Honda F/H-Series' started by talidan, Sunday 26th Oct, 2014.

1. dogg1210 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Went from aerodeck b18 to old xr3i - golf vr6 - BMW e 36 325 saxo vts - ej6 h22a7

2. ProjectUKDM Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They might sound nice but there the wankiest thing ever performance wise haha

3. DafWales Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Tell that to the amateur rally guys...

4. J90 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Wankiest thing ever? I'd say Dacia Sandero wins that one.

5. RandomDan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

coughEJ9cough

6. DafWales Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Clearly you've never been in a 1.1 saxslow lol.

Those things are shit.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 2nd Nov, 2014
  7. RandomDan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There are alot of shit cars out there to be honest xD

8. titch Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1.1 Saxos are positively rapid compared to 1.5D ones... Or 1.3 Fiestas.

9. ProjectUKDM Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Maybe I was over exaggerating.. But they are pretty gash in a straight line  :Wink:

10. DafWales Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just a typical car in my eyes... Most 1.6 - 2.0 are pretty timid.

11. J90 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They just need a turbo strapping to them.

12. Kev_B18 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

totally agree especially these days there isnt really any N/A engines under 2.0 minimum that i would consider fast in standard form a 2.0 in the 70's might have been like a rocket ship but in these days that a vauxhall astra produces the same power as a r34 did anything under 200bhp just isnt that quick (before any says it i mean in standard form not something like a b18c in a stripped out EG etc)

13. RandomDan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats just it not everyone wants a 'fast' car so car companies have to make shit cars for the boring/old/people who can't afford to insure anything else people

14. ben bury Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The 2.0 impreza is still a good car. It's not fast but it drives well and sounds good and can go over fields and all sorts of shannigans. Was in a focus the over day with a friend of my dad's. He says. Thought you'd like this car, I got the 2.0, and then he floors it. Lol yawn

15. Kev_B18 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

what about the ej15 ones tho i don't even think their 4WD

16. ben bury Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Shudder

17. skull-candy18 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mr2 turbo. Fastish, cheap and RWD so new skills to be learned.

I like my CR-X but I think I would be a better driver if I drove RWD.

18. Kev_B18 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mr2 are a weird breed, in the world of 2nd Generation turbos its defo a rev3 or later you want, the power isnt crazy but if you don't concentrate esp in the wet it will still bite you, my old rev 1 was fun but defo the worst one to get it was NA with no ABS no PAS and the anti roll bars are like straws that thing on a roundabout in the wet would under steer right til you almost hit the curb then over steer spinning you round so your then facing the lorry thats about to kill you  :dislike:   :dislike:   :dislike:

i couldn't ever drive it without 100% concentration how ever tbar glass off in the summer blasting through country roads i was always smiling, id defo have another 

19. talidan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Incase anyone cares i put down a deposit on a DC2 in the end idk why but i love hondas way too much brand loyal i suppose, if all is well ill be bringing it home saturday night :Smile:

20. EKjoe Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Good decision buddy. Uk spec or JDM ?