going tits up

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by carlsberg, Tuesday 24th Nov, 2009.

1. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

this place is starting to go down the pan. all i read every day is bitching about other members/traders, people being banned ladadadadadada

get a grip people. its seriously going tits up. and the way it keeps going it will just end up being a laughing stock of other forums.

admins/mods shouldnt be reading other peoples pm's - period. if your that worried about a member then just fucking ban them - theres no need to go snooping around. hell if i discovered admin people had been reading my pm's that might have had my bank details or other peronsal information then i don't think i would be too impressed to say the least. certainly not something i would condone on forums i admin on. be careful this place doesnt get too big for its boots which unfortunately is the way i can see it going. when csc was up and runnign as it used to be, this place was great. where have all the twats been inherited from???

Poom, i don't envy you chap :Wink:

2. Prince Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm personally looking forward to paid membership. Hopefully all of the scammers will fuck off and we can have the love back around here.

3. Jor-don Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I liked it when CSC was the main forum and this was second, although i was always on cl more than CSC even in those days. Thats what you call loyal lol

4. Porker New Member Getting Started

Really, dude this thread wasn't needed.

Threads like this just cause more hassle and bitching. You've been around the forums as long as I have to know that if you stick to the rules, you don't have issues.

The admin have every right to look at whatever they like if you're bringing the site into disrepute IMO..

5. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    wtf?

the forums gettin better since the new mods have come in?!

6. Porker New Member Getting Started

Thanks Adam, I think it is too, about time shit got sorted...

7. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

agreed :Smile:

8. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

x3 :Grin: Ilove it apart from all these threads sying that people should stop bitching. Viscious circle now!

9. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Errm Yes, the new mods are doing a great job, but I think carlsberg is referring to the increasing amount of BS on the forum...

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 24th Nov, 2009
  10. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

11. egshane Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i must admit there has been a fair few threads about being banned and bitching, this is a Civic forum if you want to bitch go read "ok" magazine

12. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I really strongly disagree, i think as the mods/admin have said, if someone is planning to hack the forum or disrupt goings on they have every right. I know us lot would be the first to moan if the forum went down due to someone hacking it.

They made it clear it wasnt something they do every week, if they suspect something then it will be checked. In this case they were right and ste_ep2 was planning on doing wrong. He was banned and this has prevented him from getting into the server and stealing scripts for his own forum and his gain.

You can't just go ahead and ban people from the forum because you have an idea they are upto something, because if you are wrong and someone shows you are wrong you have to make up for your actions.

:Smile:

13. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

im not overly fussed about the pm reading,

there shouldnt be anything bad in there anywhere, a paypal address your going to be giving a random anyway, let alone a moderator who have been choosen primarily on there basis of trust and fairness shouldnt do anything with this,

if there is something personal then moderators shouldnt say a thing about it to anyone else,

but say in the case of james, he was mentioning about spamming and being a neucince on purpose to annoy people, so in that case when a mod sees it, he should be banned, but hes got on his knees and took a few cock meat sandwiches so hes back.

surely if you have something uber personal you should keep it to msn/email/stupid facebook even.

i don't think mods go around checking everyones pm's just for fun, they do it in the case of scammers and if someones up to something they shouldnt be regarding the forum, yet people are going nuts thinking theres some mods cracking one off to amybaby69s email address or whatever

14. donzo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

OK enough about how good the mods are can we just get on with the forum for at least another few weeks and see how it goes...

15. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's been a mad few days, that's all.

A lot of the shit will now continue to be deleted as and when mods see fit. Gradually people are being spoken to when they're spotted spamming, hopefully it should eventually all die down :Smile:

16. egshane Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Could you imagine this forum with no moderators it would be SHIT!

17. Sirk Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Mod Free Fridays!

18. Jono Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I find it quite ironic that you posted in this thread as you are one of the main spammers on this place!!

Paul was referring to the amount of crap that is posted on here recently, and i do agree, as i have made clear in many other thread

The new mods are doing a cracking job, but the WHOLE forum needs to pull together and make this place something to be proud of. Its not them that is starting these bullshit threads, they just control them

So to make this place better, its NOT the job of the admin/mods, its the job of everyone

19. Lance Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ur gona have to start paying for civiclife???

20. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yes, exactly what im referring too, its not a thread worthy of having a little cry in the steam room about, im just stating what i feel as though is happening here.

Porkstar as you know I've been around a bit oo..err! and thats why i think i can say what I can see happening really. this has never been my first forum to use, but doesnt mean i can sit back and watch what seems to be unfolding.

the newer mods are helping a bit, my personal view is that theres too many, too many admin, too many sections to look after. its a car forum why have sections dedicated to gaming and every other subject under the sky? theres forums out there for that!

but anyways, i digress