God dam college!

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by Flymo, Thursday 10th Dec, 2009.

1. Flymo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right, rant begins....

I have been a member of CL for about.. hmmmm... half a year now. I have a keen interest in Japanese cars, have been for a few years. I attend shows and have become fairly knowledgable, which is all well and good. Seeing everything and gaining the knowledge just makes me want to have a car, and get playing, naturally. Im at college full time studying car body repair and re-finnishing, which means i don't have a job or money... Cars are pretty much my lifes interest, hence doing the body repair coarse. Im frustrated because im 18, and i have no car. Fair enough i should make the most out of free education, but god dam all i want is a fucking car and to be able to be proud of the beast i create :lol: Fingers crossed i can get a job next year, providing the economy sorts its self out.... Rant over.

I just want to add, i will be posting in the 'How too' section soon, i may aswell share the stuff i learn at college with you guys. Should be posting a rust and dent repair thread on friday :Smile:

2. jscivic Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

good work mate, thatl help diyers no end. id love to be a bodyshop guy :Frown:

3. Flymo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hahaha yeah tis pretty fucking sweet :Smile: , but at the same time its alot of tedius hard work. I just love air tools :lol:

4. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Tax dodging student! Only joking, Best of luck mate

5. morris Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I'll most likely be having a good read of the thead you post lad. Make it a detailed one :Grin:

6. Flymo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

haha cheers guys, and ill do my best morris :Grin: lol

7. MUGEN-RR Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

av u passd ur driving thow??

8. Flymo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Actually mugen-rr....... no, im starting right after new year though, so next year might be a very good year for me, providing i get a job after college (Fingers crossed)... if not, its another year of body repair, may aswell... its free :Smile:

9. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

XD Should have done your test when 17 XD I arranged to buy a car like 2 weeks after my first driving test, failed, then went and bought it anyways and passed the week after, much more fun!!

I'm at college too, no job, same situation but different course, cars are a hobby to me and i'm more interested in learning about it as I go along as opposed to being taught it and enjoy the community around modified cars at the same time. It's for this reason I invested in an Art and Design course :Grin:

Good luck though mate, sounds like you've got your head screwed on right :Grin:

10. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hah, I was exact the same, passed when I was 17, and was driving a Glanza for a first car. after blowing the engine 3 times I kinda got annoyed, wasnt bothered as I work for my uncle as he owns a garage and has put me on a course to become a MOT Tester, my dad also owns a breakers yard so I have grown up in cars :Grin:

Should be worth it in the end though, once I am a fully qualified MOT Tester. thats the main goal atm.

11. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^^ damn man, that's awesome!!

My interest was kinda self learnt sorta thing, started with lowriders, back when I was a kid and one day saw the 'A Golden Egg' article on Tunerzine about a gold EG and decided from then on, Civic's were awesome XD

12. eifz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i know what u mean bud im doing a heavy vehicle course now and did a mechanical engineering course last year n don't get sod all grants or nothing... but it's worth it at the end... i wudnt mind learning a few bits n bobs on panel beating ECT like it's good money and a good laugh :Grin:

13. nafanh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

im 17 and in college :Grin:

having a car when your this age is awesome! although its rediculous how expensive it is too keep on the road!

Having your own car is not only good for transport but its soo cool having you own project to work on. theres always lil things you can do which is good fun :Smile:

14. eifz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

aye when you've got the money to do more than just clean it hehe :Tongue:

15. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Love the 17/18 year old rep in here XD we ought to make a young drivers thread :Tongue:

Only problem with having it at college is taht everyone wants a lift somewhere which is a 10 page thread on it's own, in fact, i think there's a thread here i made about giving lifts XD

16. stevo_d Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

how the hell did u insure a glanza wen u was 17 ?? wat insurance company u with

17. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have got the "insured to drive other cars third party" policythingymabob.

Before anyone kicks off, I have confirmed it and got pulled numerous times as I look like a 14 year old driving, produced my documents and walked away.

EDIT: before anyone makes a joke, not WALKED away, DROVE away haha!

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 10th Dec, 2009
  18. stevo_d Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

o really thats cool what is it you insured on another car fully comp and ocaisonally drove the glanza and got 3rd party that way

19. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Insured fully comp on a Civic Hybriddd Yeahhh Babyyy!!!

and yep I used too, now its on the EK4.

20. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★