getting an x box(advice)

Discussion in 'Technology, Gaming & Phones' started by daz-civic, Monday 9th Nov, 2009.

1. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ok I've managed to hold off buying an xbox and I've been happy with my pc.ps2,wii,old x box and dreamcast and have got tons of games for them but now there's some awesome looking games out for the x box 360 and my son is old enough to play consoles now having had lots of practise cause i gave him the old dreamcast

anyway i understand that if i wanna go on line then the arcade one is useless and I've seen the elite in game with 2 games for

2. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You get everything in the box as long as its not the arcade version arcade version is a no go in my opinion. You have to subscribe to xbox live but you get one month free trial when you buy your xbox. Also you have everything to go on live as long as your xbox is near your wireless router. As you have to use an ethernet cable unless you purchase the wireless adaptor.

3. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Make sure its HDMI otherwise they look terrible, cable doesnt come with and you need HDMI compatable TV

4. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

at my place (GAME) elite plus 3 games including forza 3 and 2 choices of the new charts for

5. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

6. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

and whats this hdmi? im guessing the hd bit is high DEF and i aint got a high DEF tv

7. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol woow different prices in different places! what you get in the end bud?

8. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hdmi = High Definition Multimedia Interface, they all come with hdmi slot now anyway.

9. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've not bought one yet and im in no rush cause its gona have to be in a box til x mas and if its in the house for ages i will just end up playing it

10. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol just go for the premium 60gb one, its the best deal IMO mate.

11. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you recon if i go mental i can get the same deal you mentioned jjust now?

12. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah could do, or wait until friday. we always changing deals every fridays, if you got a gamestation next to you, you could do that! i used to work there and they had good deals.

13. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

got gamestation in llanelli bout 15 miles away

14. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

go there, check deals out if game do it cheaper then gamestation will price match, they also price match hmv and zavvi also.

15. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

bought it today, got xbox elite plus forza 3 and halo odst extra controller and 2 years etra warranty for

16. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

where u get it from? no mw2??

17. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

game, NA didnt get the modern warfare package cause that came with mw2 and gears2 and seperate prices for both games was

18. Effi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The extra warranty is useless TBH as your statutory rights covers that warranty period without the extra cost. Also a bit of advice, any HDMI cable will work, you don;t need the official Microsoft one so can save your self a large chunk of the cost for the HDMI connection.

19. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

normally i don't bother but the it also covers accidental damage with no questions asked and with a 7 and 3 year old i thought it was a good idea

i still aint sure what this hdmi thing is but like i said if its anything to do with a hd tv i aint got one

20. Gezmeister Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Also, if you do want to use it online, the normal annual price in shops is around