Funky cam covers

Discussion in 'Photography & Photoshop' started by Mugen_DB8, Wednesday 18th Nov, 2009.

1. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

that is incredible and made me 'woah' out loud... how the hell is that finnish created?

2. chris Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i'm guessing it has been anodized, a friend of mine has a small version for nuts etc - rides motocross and makes a bit of money on the side but that cover is just WOW!

3. mrgash Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i vinyle wrapped my d series one years ago in a smarties style vinyle. it works as the engine block only reaches the high temps as thats where the 4 stroke cycle happens, the rocker cover doesnt get as hot as the block and the exhaust system, remember hot air rises that where ur rocker seems so hot. proberly someone gonna tell me different now. lol x

4. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

fucked up

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 22nd Nov, 2009
  5. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

colcam.

id put money on this being nothing more than flip paint

edit-pic was huge

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 22nd Nov, 2009
  6. Togger Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I think these are pimp, i would be interested to see what happens to the vinyl. Surely the heat would shrink it, or if you lacuqer over it would that help prevent it

7. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

turns out this has something to do with a laser

colcam.

8. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im still not sure, it looks like its been heat treated in a way, its a bit too chrome for flip paint ?? unless you can get chrome flip paint??

I like this one!

htup_0808_06_z1996_honda_civic_coup.

10. Sandy. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^ I like that one a lot.

11. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the guy who owns the flippy cam cover said its been done with a laser but didnt go into any detail on the process

12. Drifty-B Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i think the hulk one is the shizzle and the nintendo is retro would like to do my nissan with a mario mushroom's theme to it

13. Wipdesigns Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Snap!

14. Flymo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

someone mentioned electroplating?

15. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

electroplating doesnt involve a laser tho, with a bit of patience and research you can quite easily do electroplating at home diy but you couldn't do whatever this guy did unless you have a laser to hand

16. craigej6 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i think electroplating comes out with a finish similar to chrome

17. Drifty-B Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

whateva it looks the shizzle!

18. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

chrome plating and electroplating are the same thing they just get plated in different metals such as copper, gold ,silver etc IIR everything first has to be plated in copper then plated a 2nd time with gold silver etc

did none of you people do electrolosis in school

19. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

all electroplating does is put a thin layer of metal onto another metal....

20. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I need my smoothed rocker electroplating!