Engine & Gearbox Full BIG service at honda

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by a2k00, Thursday 5th Nov, 2009.

1. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Put my CTR in for the big service, I get a phone call saying the clutch is "very heavy" and they would like to replace it.

I explained its an uprated clutch and it is a little heavy compared to standard, Chap just went oh, Do you want to replace it anyway? :roll:

Then said we can also replace your coolant and flush the system for an additional

2. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. axel_vtec Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

fook me thats a good price for it being done at honda!! :O

i paid 450 for my biggey!

4. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It doesnt have a timing belt

Do you mean they checked the chain tensioners

5. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

+1 seems like a good price. which dealer?

6. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yer i know sorry typo, Meant chain hense "adjust" as you obviously wouldn't adjust a belt. It was my local garage up the road in Bognor Regis, I also asked how much a DC5 LSD would be fitted, They said

7. Tomo JDM EK3 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

8. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Main dealer's technicians will ALWAYS try to hit you with lists of things that 'need' done, as they are on bonus time and they can do jobs like coolant changes in a fraction of the allowed time, thus racking up plenty bonus hours.

10. robdob437 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

^^ true same with my ford garage i work at. don't hit the hours don't hit the money.

11. bigd89 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

is this the 60k service , going to look at a EP3 today and not sure weather its been done has anyone got an average price for this service i looked on the net and they're like

12. sugarpuff Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The big service is at 72000 miles matey.

13. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

14. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

15. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i got a quote of 260 something for my next service, currently on 77k

16. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Arr but did your EP3 have the full service last time? IE vavle clearences, tappests, cam chain inspection, Gearbox oil, engine oil, plugs, ECT ECT