Fuel filter help... :?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by civic_bitch, Tuesday 1st Dec, 2009.

1. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hey guys

If I've got a B16a2 head/ B18c4 bottom end do I still continue buying B16 filters or do I need a B18 one now..

Are the both the same size etc coz I know the cambelts for these are bigger by 2 teeth, lol...

Cheers

Ashleigh

2. bad_ass Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i am sure they are all the same on the b series. The cam belt will be bigger as the b18 block is longer.

3. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Id say they the same as the fuel filter on most petrol cars is underneath near the tank so has nothing to do with your engine bay?

4. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the fuel filter is on the bulkhead and theyre all the same on EKs and MBs :Smile:

5. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Aye a was guna say, mines under the bonnet, lol..

So either will do, what will be the benefit of me getting a B18 one?? Anything or nothing? :Grin:

Any prefence to makes or will any from a local motor factor do? :Tongue:

6. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you'll have no benifit, as there all the same, irrespective of engine size :Smile:

the only way you could "improve" the filter system is to go after market, but its hardly worth the cost/effort, as it really won't "improve" the performance of the car! :-D

al9955

7. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

No bother hun thats all I wanted to know... I just didnt wana be buying a 1.6 one if it would affect it.

Thankyou :Grin: