General Friends EP problems...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by 1964, Thursday 12th Nov, 2009.

1. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Two major problems for him...Firstly, the bonnet is stuck down, the catch is broken or something similar and secondly, he's got no reverse gear. Fuck knows how either happened, i don't really care but i know the bonnet was broken before he got it and the gear he did himself (he's a twat of a driver but a good mate), so, other than slapping him and calling him a twat, what can be done for him? He's not willing to drive it and I'm guessing even parts on here for an EP won't be cheap?

2. haz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Why isnt he driving it ? Not a massive problem if hes got no reverse gear it should still be drivable, Can he get all other gears ok ?

Haz

3. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Reverse lockout solenoid could be jammed

and to get the bonnet open, it depends where the cable has broken.

If inside the car you can trace the cable trhough the inner wing and yank the inner from there

if bonnet end you're kinda mashed

unless you can see anything it looks like you'll have to cut the grill apart and get access from there to pop the bonnet catch, unless again you v

can see anything to avoid writing off the grill

use your ep as a reference when you're working on the other

hth, sam

4. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh he's got other gears but he's too pussy to drive without reverse? I was thinking that, so basically, just a matter of finding out about the cable for bonnet release and then if it's busted up near the bonnet he's screwed and we might have to cut through thre grille? he'll love that XD

As for the reverse gear, how would he go about sorting it?

And I can't use mine coz i drive an EJ6 XD posted here because he's not sure what to do, go to a mechanics or get it sorted himself.

5. Anton Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sounds like a gearbox out job