Engine & Gearbox FR-V clutch issues

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Monkeydogdoogle, Tuesday 10th Sep, 2019.

1. Monkeydogdoogle New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Liz Louth
    Hi Guys, new here, hoping you can help. I recently purchased my FR-V and it drives superb, until recently. I've started having problems with my clutch/gear selector. I pulled up at KFC the other day, put my handbrake on and put the car into neutral whilst I collected my order. When I went to drive off I couldn't put the car in gear. The only way it would let me select gear was when the car was turned off. I had to start the car in 3rd, drive for a while whilst depressing the clutch several times, then I heard a clunk and the clutch went back to normal and I could select gears again. This has happened a couple of times since then. My mechanic said there is nothing wrong with the car (because it didn't happen whilst he was driving it). And ideas what the issue could be? The clutch pedal feels different, like it doesn't engage properly, it won't let you change gear or select gear. Once that clunk has happened it all works fine again.

2. yanw Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yan Gloucester
    First off I would bleed the clutch and top up with clean fluid.

3. Monkeydogdoogle New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Liz Louth
    Thank you, we are going to try this the weekend. I'll let you know how we get on.