Found the back of a skyline in my grandads garage

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Tom1989, Friday 27th Nov, 2009.

1. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Apparently it was my dads. It was from the original GTR, but the 4dr model (240kGT?). Its missing its skyline badge but all the glass light lenses are mint. Ill get a pic of it up ASAP.

I've only just started asking about my dads previous cars, but i think he has owned some wicked cars, 2 lotus cortinas, a highly tuned 2.8 v6 granada ford used as a development vehicle for there power steering systems, a saab 9000 turbos with a what was described as a lorry turbo. and not so wicked but a testament to old transits, he had a 2nd Generation with 500k miles, he still has the speedo head, it has none of its original floors left and died in the engine when the block cracked in half!

2. billy786_1988 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

so your dad died in a car incident? forgive me if im wrong.

3. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

No, he's fine. He cut the car up in 1981 after it got to rusty to repair. He just never spoke about his old cars really. I only just started looking around his old stuff recently because i fancy another classic ford and i was seeing what parts he had. I mainly found Essex V6 parts :Smile:

4. stepawayfromthemachine Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I found out my old man had an E type and an Aston Martin the other day when he was younger. He was going on about them with the sort of casual attitude someone who owned a mini might have. Pity he didn't hold on to them, he runs around in an Audi now, boring! Pics of the Skyline stuff please, sounds interesting!

5. imran_akn Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

my dad secretly had a 68 mustang... i was shocked...

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 27th Nov, 2009
  6. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My dad had a Datsun Stanza, a Canary Yellow one!

7. deb1991 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

my dad has a EP3 Type-R :Grin:

8. northwestcivic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lawlz!

9. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My dad brought my JDM MX5 with XXR alloys off me when he sold his car for a new BMW and hated it! Now looking at Jags, boring.

10. MUGEN-RR Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

me old man, has own'd sum nice cars, his favourite was the ford capri,lol

11. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My dads got a Saab :cool:

and an evo :Wink: