forza 3 drifting(any tips?)

Discussion in 'Technology, Gaming & Phones' started by daz-civic, Thursday 31st Dec, 2009.

1. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

anyone got any tips for drifting on forza 3?

I've got a 370z thats tuned and setup to the spec i found for a drift car for forza on the net but im not sure if i need some or all of the assists on or off etc and whats a good track to practise on?

at the minute im crap and either spin out or drift to wide and crash into everything:Grin:

2. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My friend and I always drift on the Mini Circuit on Ladera Test Track. My top drift score is 13,400. I prefer AWD for drifting whereas my mate prefers RWD. All assists off for both of us.

3. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its fuckin harrd 2 drift on there, its fun in a FWD car tho LOL

4. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

use the mountain track as you get a feel for every kind of croner, believe me it's a pain to learn how but once you can, it's awesome. All assists off and play with the tuning of the car yourself don't buy a setup because it'll be tuned for how someone else drives in game. Just messs around with everything and go all out on it...

5. Lex. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When I was having a crack at this the other day, I just kept putting too much power down and over shotting. Is there anyway to pull it back once its going to far or have you just got to get the power bang on?

6. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i didnt buy a setup i just built this

http://www.sfldrifters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53190

also had a go with the hks evo with all assists of and i think im gona build myself something AWD now aswell

7. Killer Crossover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Go on Tsukba man. Its got some quite slow exit corners to get the balance right and its also got the big right hander onto the pit straight which is the challenge. I would use something not to powerful but RWD. Like an m3 or an m5. you get the feeling beter that way. FORZA 3 is DEF the best game for drifting if you get it right. I agree with the moutain stages at fujimi kaido too :Smile:

8. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's it fujimi kaido, try the whole track stick it on 2 laps or so that way you can take it at your leisure and go back and practice on any corner you like, s'how i got alright at it...

Also, in response to Lex, you need to learn the trigger control something that's a bit harder to learn, obviously, harder you press em faster you go BUT if you practise going into corners slow and taking them at low speeds you'll get it..

also you can try playing with your brake bias and also try tapping the e-brake to stop the back wheels spinning while going round...

those are my techniques anyways, try em, use em, adapt em to your styles..

9. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

RT,left steer and A y0

10. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just go gentle on the throttle with the button its pretty easy when you learn not to have a led finger lol!

11. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^^^ this!!

9 times out of ten, you spin out because you lay the power down all the way round...you only need it to kick the back out then let of the throttle some :Wink:

12. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I use full throttle as you get more points for faster drifts, you just have to make sure you don't turn in on yourself much.

13. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

is auto shifting ok cause I've never been able to get used to manual shifting in racing games

also on some racing games there's a button you can use to hold it in a gear when auto shifting does forza have that?

on another subject woo hoo i bought cod today

14. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Probably an idea to learn MT, lol...

15. lee4391 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Don't try and drift an AE86 corolla haha, was the hardest fucking thing ever just oversteered and span out round every corner, i agree with the tsukuba my favourite circuit for both drift and just normal track races :Smile: , try a R32 skyline leave it 4 wheel drive and whack a rb26dett in it all of the chassis mods and tyres weight reduction and just a few light engine mods, i use it alot holds very well around the corners, again no lead fingers and learn to use manual its very easy, just go into a normal circuit race with all assists on and learn then once you get it right use it to drift with,

16. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

use manuel! ae86 is easy i had a go for the first time yest and its easy lol but i do drift alot on forza 2 :Grin:

17. lee4391 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ahh i used as a D C and B class car and i just couldn't get the knack of it it just span everywhere and wheels never seemed to find grip. Made them as wide as possible and top spec tyres, even took a good 8 Psi out of them and still nothing but loss of grip :Frown: maybe its just me haha. MX-5 wasn't to shabby mind you.

18. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Trying to advise someone how to drift is pretty hard, you just need to feel for it :

19. Blair Guest

I've got an R3 (955 BHP Datsun 510) its the most amazing car to drift in, 4 wheel drive, twin turbo, i went round Fujima Kamado (excuse the spelling) and got 109,000 Drift points :Smile:

20. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Giant powers shite for drifting IMO, much prefer something at about 450 with a decet setup