Body, Paint & Styling flatblade wipers

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by welsh_decs, Saturday 12th Jan, 2013.

1. Dave400 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The OEM blades from Honda at £22 are pretty good value, and loko great compared to the Bosch Aerotwin

Baz likes this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Retiring 2021 H-Tune Staff

Germany Leo Kettering
    Another vote for OEM Facelift Wipers. There's two variants, the older style 'sponge' wipers which were stock on the pre-facelift, and the 'flat' style (similar to Bosch Aero Flat) which came on the facelift.

If your 2005 Accord is pre-facelift, to fit the facelift style you need to remove a small metal piece from the drivers side arm, it's one crosshead screw. At the price from Holdcroft with our discount they are well worth it. By far the best wipers I've ever used.

Here's some before/after shots from my Accord.

Last edited: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    nauest and Baz like this.
  3. Richardp2020 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Uk
    Yeah, I've fitted the facelift OEM aero wipers on my pre-facelift accord and they work perfectly. They were less than £20 from HH and took about 7 minutes to fit (5 minutes for the usual wiper change and 2 extra for removing the block on the drivers side wiper arm lol) No question for me about these are the way to go :Smile:

Baz likes this.
  4. Baz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

OEM facelift wipers it is then....Thanks all! :Smile:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  5. Baz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The OEM facelift wipers arrived from Holdcroft yesterday, and I fitted them today....They look great compared with what was on there (Not sure what they were!) and, more importantly, are performing beautifully in the crappy weather we're having at the moment!

Thanks all, for pointing me in the right direction! :Smile:

nauest, SpeedyGee and DeviateDefiant like this.
  6. DeviateDefiant Retiring 2021 H-Tune Staff

Germany Leo Kettering
    Good to hear you got it sorted :Smile:

7. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's the beauty of OEM ... fits .. works !

8. Viking2142 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I upgraded my Accords wiper blades to these new aero blade wipers, as I had one of these Kent Flexy Blade handheld windscreen wipers. These were amazing at removing every drop of water from the cars windows, thanks to their great silicone design which molds around the shape of the window and create a nice seal. They are a lovely large size and I also helps I can reach across the whole car anyway so quick to clean the rear window as i have no wipers there. Also very good at getting the soft snow layer off the whole car too during winder, however you still need an ICE scraper, if only it was that easy.

Anyway, these aeroblades are basically the same thing but in a windscreen wiper so I knew i'd love them and I do. After doing some research I was going to get the Bosch Aerotwin, however I saw this review from AutoExpress and they recommended the ones made by WipersBlades.co.uk, which were 2nd to the Bosch only by noise, I eventually bought them anyway as they were over £10 cheaper at the time and the delivery was very quick. They have a universal fit so you don't need to change any parts and they clip straight in in about 10 seconds and your good to go.

I find these blades extremely quiet and efficient at removing all the water from your windscreen even at full speed and during very heavy rain it. The sizes you should need if this helps anybody is a 26" Drivers Side and a 15" Passenger Side. I've included some links to the website I used to purchase mine from including the Bosch ones if you prefer them. If you're unsure I recommend you check out the review from the link earlier or from some on the wiperblades website. They have designed them for all cars and you can use their size finder to match them to your car if your unsure.

If you want some close up pictures feel free to ask and I'll take some tomorrow when the suns out tomorrow.

Viking.

9. Mike Wooper Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Michael Leeds
    try heyner brand.I've checked the other people reviews about them before my purchase .I bought hybrid ones 4 months ago and so far so good ,seems good quality

10. nauest Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Ned Texel
    I fitted Bosch Aeros to my Pre Facelift and had some issues with smearing. I found out that the pressure for the OEM blades is less than with the aero blades. (I Compared with an Audi with the Aeros as standard). So I tightened up the spring to put in more blade pressure and got great performance. Although after seeing this I will be buying the Facelift OEMs next!

11. Ichiban Retired The Domo Don

England CJ Leeds
    I have to admit wipers now from any manufacturer are crap they don't last at all and they judder like crazy once the temperatures are down. I just live with it it doesn't annoy me any more.

What we need is someone willing to buy a truck load of cheap and nasty one and see their performance and if they are no good you can swap them out again without the 25 plus sting every time,

12. Pilot Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Daniel London
    Decided to order OEM ones to see how decent they are, as I was about done today driving when my old Bosch ones (cheapish I got roughly a year ago from eurocarparts 20 for a set) and when wiping the water off it just looks like it is wiping oil instead, screen stays greasy with water marks left behind....the rubbers not doing their job whatsoever. But I haven't done a lot of miles with them in general, it migh be just from the age or not using them as much since this year has been pretty dry until now.

PS. the OEM ones are now £30.50 with delivery, which is not next day nor free as previously posted by users back in 2013 and it's cheapest and slowest (5 day), but we'll see.

13. legend-ary Community Staff Club H-Tune

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Mate next time give @Holdcroft Honda a call and avail the club discount + free delivery!

14. Holdcroft Honda Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I've just sold a pair to a HK member for £18.50 with free next day UPS delivery.

Pilot, legend-ary and SpeedyGee like this.
  15. legend-ary Community Staff Club H-Tune

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
  16. Pilot Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Daniel London
    I'll need some other things very soonish so I'll definetly get in touch, thanks :Tongue:

Denso23 likes this.
  17. Chris P Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Chris P Bognor Regis
    I fitted the Bosch ones (from Halfords) on the day I bought my car as they worked great on my Volvo, so thought they'd do the trick. Only on the Accord the driver's side blade leaves a smear right where it joins the arm and right across the line of vision, so far from ideal and will no doubt be an MOT fail. I've bent the wiper arm and the blade to reduce the smearing, but it still leaves some voids and skips bits in the centre where it connects to the arm. I'm both glad and disappointed at the same time to know this is a common problem with the Bosch blades on Accords. The smaller passenger side blade clears fine.

Besides replacing the blade (it's been on for two months, so no chance of returning it), will reducing the spring tension on the wiper arm cure this or should I just put it down to bad experience and buy a genuine part?

18. Heckler Community Staff Club H-Tune

I've got the flat ones on my 7th Generation tourer... could only find them for the windscreen though, didn't see any for the tailgate wiper. They do clear very well and I've been using them on my cars for the last 10yrs now. One of the first things I fit when I get a car.
    - - - Updated - - -
    How do you tighten up the spring?

One of mine leaves a very small smear in the lower middle of the screen (where the blades overlap) but only on the downward swipe.

19. Chris P Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Chris P Bognor Regis
    You'd have to wire up some of the coils to get more tension and stretch the spring out to reduce the tension. Probably more hassle than it's worth.

The smears are worst on mine on the downward swipe too which is what you don't want.

20. Heckler Community Staff Club H-Tune

I solved the slight smear on mine, was simply a case of manually bending the flat blade back a little at the ends... it was slightly high in the centre which caused the smearing... Now clears perfectly... My main problem is that the passenger side washer jets aren't as powerful as the drivers ones... I relocated mine to the wiper arms using a kit I got online (both my jets were knackered anyway). I think that the pressure is dropping a little to the passenger side and maybe I need to insert a non return valve into the line.

honda_saj likes this.