Introductions First time Honda owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rhodrich, Monday 7th Jan, 2019.

1. Rhodrich Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rhodri Thames Ditton
    Greetings all,

Just popping in to say hello, as I'm the proud new owner of a 2008 Honda FR-V 1.8EX

No pictures as yet, but I'm very excited about the whole thing, as it's a huge step up from our previous 2005 Vauxhall Meriva MPV. I've never owned a car with cruise control, heated leather seats, electric folding mirrors, a front centre seat, automatic wipers, and all the other gizmos that this car seems to be fitted with. I've got 3 kids who are growing up by the day, and this seems to be the only car that can accommodate them all in a nice compact platform. A huge bonus that it's a Honda too, as the build quality is out of this world compared to the Vauxhall.

The only issue is that my wife hasn't driven it yet, as she's scared about the width. It is quite a bit wider than anything she's driven before....

Rhodri

honda_saj likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Club H-Tune @Rhodrich :Hey:

LOL, indeed it is :Grin::jumpup:

My wife was the same when she went from a Civic to the FR-V but she got use it to very quickly. If your's doesn't have a reversing cam, get one fitted it will help your wife greatly. FRVs are fantastic cars and she will love it

Look forward to seeing it in the club garage soon :Thumbup:

honda_saj likes this.
  3. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    hi and welcome aboard :Smile:

4. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Hello @Rhodrich thank you for your introduction and welcome to the forum.

Have a look at FR-V Auto folding mirror mod, you maybe interested and easy to do if you are hands on.

5. Rhodrich Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rhodri Thames Ditton
    Thanks all. @DrSam I did see that thread, and it does look like something quite doable. However, doing it properly, in a way that's as good as the original wiring is another different matter. I'm always a bit wary of hacking into stock wiring - I've had rather too many failed scotch locks, and twists of wire covered in dead insulation tape in the past, and the first thing I do when buying a classic car (I've had many in my time) is to remove all the non-stock wiring, and start again if necessary. The only foolproof way to join wires successfully is to solder and use heat-shrink tubing, especially when you're working on electrics within the door, where everything gets shaken about, and there's the potential for ingress of water.

Perhaps one to leave until I have a whole day to plan and do it properly....

SpeedyGee and DrSam like this.