Announcement First Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Arrives in Europe

Discussion in 'Honda FCV' started by Honda UK News, Tuesday 29th Nov, 2016.

1. Honda UK News Auto-Generated News Feed

The first examples of Clarity Fuel Cell, Honda’s most advanced zero emissions vehicle, have arrived in Europe this week. The first six vehicles will be based with customers in London and Copenhagen as part of the Hydrogen for Innovative Vehicles (HyFIVE) demonstration project, partly funded by the Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCHJU).
    HK_First_Honda_Clarity_Fuel_Cell_Arrives_in_Europe (1). HK_First_Honda_Clarity_Fuel_Cell_Arrives_in_Europe (2). HK_First_Honda_Clarity_Fuel_Cell_Arrives_in_Europe (3). HK_First_Honda_Clarity_Fuel_Cell_Arrives_in_Europe (4). HK_First_Honda_Clarity_Fuel_Cell_Arrives_in_Europe (5).
    Continue reading...

2. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    I want one..:eek:

3. vincemince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I want the other five. LOL :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    As cool as this is, and also as much as the Toyota Mirai styling as grown on me also, I don't believe Hydrogen is the future.

The Hydrogen we currently get is mainly from natural gas sources.

To make it via electrolysis of water takes ENORMOUS levels of electricity, far beyond that of what would be needed to directly charge car batteries.

I think once they figure out rapid 5 minute charges of electric cars Hydrogen will be dead in the water, just too many issues with the lack of infrastructure and the difficulty and storing and transporting it.

You only need to look at the trials of the Mirai in California to see how it's not the dream fuel we all like to think it should be.

5. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Hydrogen will be the future you can't see it now. As for the other Japanese firm they do have a good PR but the car is inferior in all engineering department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

As much as I'd love to drive one, and I really do, I'd rather have a go at the helm of the little beastie she just drove off!

Ichiban likes this.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
  8. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    Honestly I did think it would be the future for years and years but having researched it thoroughly now I can see it's just a no brainer.

Unless we develop means to produce hydrogen more efficiently then as I say you need outrageous levels of electricity to do it and that could just charge cars directly.