Feedback/Help First few months with a Civic.

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by very oldun, Friday 5th Apr, 2019.

1. very oldun Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Brmingham
    I bought my Civic to be a runaround and save wear tear and supermarket dings on my Jaguar. So how am I getting on ?? The cheap motor is no longer cheap after paying for suspension repairs , new cam belt , all the evidence is that it had not been changed in 138000 miles ,curing oil leaks.All that needs to be done now is a noisy gearbox bearing ,need to find someone to do that , all contacts have done a runner.
    The car itself is economical , nippy and corners like the original mini but I have no love for it (yet),the interior is dark and horrible. Seats are a little better than a park bench but my posterior has been spoiled with Jeep and Jaguar seats.
    Its early days yet and the other half says I cannot change it,yet,!!!!

2. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Imagine what the cost of repairs would be on the Jag if you were using that as a daily though... Having owned a Mondeo which uses the same platform as the jags of the 2000's... They're prone to going wrong a lot and cost a lot to sort out.

3. very oldun Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Brmingham
    I did not intend to adversely compare the Civic to the Jaguar,totally different vehicles,I was only comparing the seats. My Jag sits on a Lincoln platform ,the Mondeo is under the X type..You are of course correct about cost ,that's why I bought the Civic .So far costs are about equal.