First day back at work...

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by PooM, Monday 4th Jan, 2010.

1. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Steve Horsham
    Well it's that time again, work...

Christmas Holidays defo helped me detox and de-stress, but lets see how long it lasts until I am fed up of work again lol

What did everyone get up to over the holidays? I spent most of it breaking my car. Now I just have to look forward to picking up my DC5 on the 16th!! :w00t:

2. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How does the Coupe look like now? Any pictures?

3. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Was a nice 2 days off for me, not quite an xmas break.

I have come into a new department today which means a less stressful work load in this busy period :Smile:

4. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm fed up aleady and only been doing it for 2 and half hours. Urgh.

Plus note, spent most of it with the gf. Down note, most of it was spent ill.

5. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah Im sitting here with the most annoying person EVAR on the other till, I want to go home.

6. Bong Guest

I'm just hoping a decent car comes up for sale soon now that Christmas and New Year are over, I could see my breath on the bus, surely thats not normal

7. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    I've litrally spent this two weeks I've had off Drunk, litrally like 4-5 days/nights of it i think i was sober, its been the fucking bollocks.

8. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You forget, due to your weird view on cold engines you'll have to get up about 20 minutes earlier to warm your car up :Tongue:

9. Bong Guest

Ha, well remembered! But yeah thats better than the bus

10. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Agreed! Although there's now the added bonus of fucking about with snow! Thank god for my garage :Grin:

11. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Coupe is stripped, here is one of the early start pics. No wheels, no suspension, no camber arms, no LCAs, no induction kit, no exhaust, no manifold, no lights (front, rear and side), no seats, no pedals, no brakes (inc. mc & servo), no wing mirrors, part stripped interior, audio is out too. It's basically a shell with an engine :Frown:

[​IMG]

12. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That was quick work...

13. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yea man, we have been blitzing it over the xmas period. Only thing I haven't been able to get off is the front camber kit, as I can't get the ball joint to break apart. I have used the fork ball joint remover tool, but that does fuck all. Quite annoying as RichieB is buying them, once he gets some pics to confirm their condition. Don't wanna give it too much abuse as it's a ball joint after all and their Skunk2 Pro-Series :Frown:

Car will be getting scrapped in 2 weeks, unless someone wants the shell for a project. :nod:

14. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That reminds me... :Grin:

15. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How does it feel to tear apart the Coupe given all the time and effort that has been invested into it?

I am sure though that the imminent arrival of the DC5 will do wonders in softening the blow!

16. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Using my NHS Drinks tracker app on my iphone is said I've drank 157 Units since Xmas eve, thats the same as 5 bottles of JD and thats only the drinks I remembered to enter into the app.... Put on half a stone and 3% Body Fat, So training hard from begining of the year. What happended about the prang u had mate, Did you loose ur NCB in the end or did the chap let you square it outside insurance? DC5... :cool: you getting one in CW?

17. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My first day back has sucked so far! Don't see it improving for the rest of the week/month/year!

Still on the lookout for another job, anybody need a panel beater/ painter?

PooM, your coupes lookin pretty sorry for itself! But 12 days till a DC5, bet you can't wait!

18. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

To be honest mate, I have been wanting to get rid of the Civic for ages. It's only recently since more problems cropped up that I finally decided to bite the bullet and cut my losses. Even after the Max Power feature, there was loads of plans to turbo it etc etc. The fact of the matter is I could easily spend another

19. Bong Guest

Who is the importer?

20. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

SVA Imports based in Dover (www.svaimports.com) - I went up there after the bank holiday, real nice people up there. Loads of great cars for sale!

You will probably notice it has damage to the front lip and a steamed up headlight. They have an their own bodyshop, so it will be going in to get the front lip sprayed, as well as the rear bumper, spoiler and wing mirrors as they have some stone chips. I have been assured all panels will come off the car to stop overspray. Also the headlight is going to get demisted (they said its due to them taking the HIDs out for testing or something).

They are also undersealing the car, fitting a cat1 alarm and fitting my new JVC 7" Double-DIN Touchscreen DVD player :w00t: