Pre-Purchase finding a new car is proving hard!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by pattys civic ep3, Wednesday 2nd Dec, 2009.

1. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

right guys I've been looking for a good ep for near two weeks now! I've found several i like BUT i only want a pre facelift if its a 30th anniversary edition! so I've found one on autotrader thats black and done 63k its a 30a edition and hes got it up for 6k or I've been offered a 2004 facelift cosmic grey EP3 with 62k on the clock for 7k now im confused on what to do! the facelift doesnt have air con but the pre facelift is that little bit older!

decisions are hard so just need a few tips and a bit of good advice!

patty

2. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

No air con? lol how can you live? I was in the same shoes as you a year ago, honda dealer tried to make me buy a 55 plate without aircon. Dif a no for me, so i brought an 04 black leather seats facelift with aircon. But 30a edition is pretty good with the full red recaro and if air con then a bonus. Also if you don't like it because its a non facelift and the grille and front splitter u find ugly, u can just put a mugen replica grille and splitter on. Will look very nice. The difference obiviously is look from facelift and flywheel/steering, some other stuff can't think of right now...

3. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Buy Chinglish's Tommy Kaira! or ask him about 30th AE, he has once. I personally don't like EP's but would choose 30th AE probably..fuck the aircon, its for pussy's :Tongue:

4. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hmmmmm im tempted by the 30th ae stil tho altho its abit older its got A/C and all the usual things i will want as a daily driver! BUT the other ones newer! fucking pain in the ass lol

5. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wait for another EP3, to come around, patience. :Smile:

6. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats what alot of people have said to me dude but im worried il miss out on the anniversary edition! lol

7. SaintGrimm Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

8. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

heres the 30ae

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200948347170200/sort/priceasc/usedcars/make/honda/model/Civic/price-to/8000/price-from/4000/postcode/cb250hw/keywords/anniversary/radius/1500/page/1?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fresults%2Fusedcars%2Fpostcode%2Fcb250hw%2Fradius%2F1500%2Fmake%2Fhonda%2Fmodel%2Fcivic%2Fkeywords%2Fanniversary%2Fprice-to%2F8000%2Fprice-from%2F4000%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc%2Fpage%2F1&anchor=advert200948347170200&logcode=p

9. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate that bm is awsome lol

10. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol what you done to your beemer dude? lol.

Erm I prefer facelifts dude plus they had more updated kit I believe. Someone that know 7thgens will confirm that maybe.

11. JDM_EJ9 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

facelifts have a lightened flywheel + tweaked sterring i think. the rear lights make them look like a hairdresser car tho! but are easily changed

12. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Annivesary only good for red recaro seats! You should get a facelift with aircon, trust! be patient and wait for the 04's/05's to come around.

13. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

fucckkkk its a hard choise! tbh i gota think tho im gonna wanna have this car as a keeper so the newer the car the better i spose!

14. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hairdresser car on a facelift? your the first person I've come across who thinks this lol, I bearly even noticed the difference with the rear lights.

15. SaintGrimm Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We got bored :Tongue:

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1383071.htm

16. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate i would have had that BMW as a daily if it wasnt fucking spray painted lol

17. SaintGrimm Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You haven't seen the state of it, hence the painting :Tongue:

18. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL that PH ad is commical mate. You will never sell that beemer for much now you painted it :Tongue:

19. pattys civic ep3 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

link to the facelift ep i really like but has no air con...sorry if u need to be a member!

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=199194

20. SaintGrimm Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hehe, it's not actually for sale, taking the engine out in a month or two to get my other BMW on the road.