Feeling lower than a worms tit - What to do :(

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by civic_bitch, Monday 23rd Nov, 2009.

1. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hey guys

Right, as you know the B16 wasnt exactly working right and I couldn't be without a car so due to time and funds, I got hold of a B18c4 bottom end and whacked that onto the B16a2 head and into the car....

Since then I have to say Im in LOVE with the difference etc but every now and then it feels a bit jumpy, I've been told it could be under fueling, etc or runing lean due to still been all on the B16a2 map, etc.

Im been told YES you need a remap, NO you don't need a remap, do this do that.. TBH I havent a fecking clue about this stuff and all I want is advice and help to get Frank right and make me wana keep him.

Anyway, its apparently on the wrong map now so do I go and get:

1. A P28 ECU

2. A conversion harness

3. Then take it to a place who will do the rest and map it to a B18c4

Im getting alsorts of things thrown at me but been a lass, im admitting im pretty baffled where as you lads will probably know a hell of a lot more when it comes to engines...

All this OBD stuff just goes in one ear and out the other and now im debating whether to let Frank go to someone who wants to finish him off or keeping him and just paying for the bits I need and sorting him

All I know is that im feeling pretty crap and down in the dumps and got nee more motivation coz I've been told that many different things I really havent a clue anymore :Frown:

Heres the boy!!

Right.

Bayshot.

Thanks in advance for any info and help

Ashleigh

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 23rd Nov, 2009
  2. tony07 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

the cars too good to let it go now!! im sure theres a few lads on here that will help you get it sorted in no time then you will wonder why you even considered getting rid!!

took me 4 months to get the VTEC to kick in properly on my sir but when it finally did it was all worthit :Smile:

chin up

3. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if you go p28 route, i think you need it chipping and some software called chrome putting on, then find someone who can map it.

you can have a go yourself on your laptop, but i have no idea how its done, not sure if there is anywhere up sunderland that can do that either.

although garage78639392929(don't know the exact name have alook at traders) used to map chrome.

the other way is to buy a aftermarket ECU you, like hondata and take it to a place like tdinorth and let them do all the work for you.

some one may correct me on some of that i don't mind, just trying to remember what i've read to help

4. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I really think you should keep this car, I looked at pictures of it the other day and was really impressed.

5. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Im running a full b18c4 on a b16a2 ECU, not much of an issue, runs a little lean but its alright. I'd say get it remapped if you can and see.

6. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

would it work getting an Integra Type-R ECU (JDM one)

its got the proper B18 map on it, no immobiliser and should be the same OBD for the car?

7. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hey guys

Cheers for the comments.. Feeling a little better but im sure ill miss it if it goes..

Someone else said get a P73, would that work?

8. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Post up your problem in the 6th Generation tech section if you haven't already :Smile:

Might get a few more answers in there about sorting your problem.

Just don't get rid of the car, its alright!

9. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i wouldn't get rid of it for this...its a niggle :Smile:

as clive said, post up a detailled thread of the problem in the 6th Generation forum and you might get more of a response :Grin:

10. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wouldn't

A Crome B18C1 basemap running on a chipped P28 should run it well enough.

Before you do anything, you should put it on a dyno so you can see just what is wrong with it. Im of the opinion that the B16 ECU will run it well enough, provided you add a bit more fuel with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

You need dyno readouts before you jump to any conclusions

11. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks for the advice, I shall be seeing about a RR tomorrow... Hopefully it will say its running fine.. There isnt really a problem its just sometimes, espcially when cold and first turned on it seems to like 'choke/ starve' itself and then gets bumpy.. If that makes any sense, lol :Grin:

12. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

maybe in need of a good service?

13. jetblack Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah but that could be caused by a number of things. Plugs, leads, distributor cap, rotor arm, a bad batch of fuel etc etc.

Get it on a RR and let that guide you.

14. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Well its just had a brand new Oil filter and oil, plugs, cambelt, etc.. Its only since the bottom end gone on too.. Im thinking its starved of extra air or fuel.. If thats the case will a VAFC sort these two probs out as I can get one :Grin: