Fault code p2006

Discussion in 'Honda N-Series' started by BritishBull-Benny, Thursday 21st Mar, 2019.

1. BritishBull-Benny Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Benny Leicestershire
    Hi guys I'm looking for some help I am in the process of serving my FR-V 2.2 I have currently Changed replaced the oil, oil filter, air filter fuel filter, pollen filters, fuel filter, bled the clutch and disc and pads all round with the usual greasing of all hinges and so on. I took it for a spin and after 20mins or so the EML came on I have read the code and it came up p2006 any ideas what this could be? Could it be on of the sensors I had to disconnect to get to the fuel filter? The car is due it MOT soon and I still have to replace the seals and pistons on the brake calipers as two are binding a little and another has I slight rip so I'm going to do all for and then bleed the system as it's looking very dirty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    P2006 Honda Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 1

Did you unplug any connections?

3. BritishBull-Benny Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the response, i had to disconnect the battery, MAF and the connectors on the file filter if I remember rightly

4. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you delete the P2006 does it come back? Straight away?

As already said, maybe you disturbed the IMRC or the vacuum line/electrical connections to it's FSV actuator? The IMRC is at the top of the engine and has a large vacuum bellows with a short linkage... It's vacuum actuator is under the engine top cover and connects to the vacuum bellows via a vacuum tube.

May just be a coincidence? My Accord used to give random P2004 and P2006 codes when the FSV actuator became weak. Other than the MOT this isn't a big deal.

5. BritishBull-Benny Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Zebster, the EML went off on its own after a few days while waiting for my code reader to turn up, cold you explain the rest in layman's terms please as I haven't got the foggies what all that means :Grin:

6. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Check that you didn't knock anything off!.

7. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If the warning light went off then the fault had, somehow, self-cleared. In any case, that P2006 could have been an old, historic stored code not relating to the new fault. Best to just make sure all stored fault codes are wiped off and then see what, if anything, comes back. Then you can worry!

8. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

The P2006 intake runner control valve is 'normally' the FSV which is the frequency solenoid valve... it's a doddle to change and sits on the top/front of the engine.

What you'll find happen is that the code will come up... you can clear it and it stays clear... then a few weeks/months down the road it comes back... and can be cleared and so on and so on. Eventually the gaps between the code coming back get shorter and shorter until it stays on.

I know this.. because it's exactly what happened to me.

I'm actually thinking of breaking my old tourer which has just had a new FSV fitted... new they're around £150 for PFL and around £130 for FL (that's on the Accord, so you'd need to check which one you need on yours) as there was a slight change in the engines from 2006 onwards.

9. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    @Zebster, is the FSV same on the 2.2 Accord and 2.2 Civic?

10. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

I'd imagine it depends on the year as it changed on the accord from PFL to FL in 2006... part numbers are different.

11. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

Hmmmm, Interesting point. Basically long story short, my Accord clutch is gone so purchased a Civic with some faults.
    Current error codes are P2004 and P1401. I was hoping I can swap the parts from my Accord.

12. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Dude... you do know I'm selling an 05 Accord Tourer EX for silly money... Sure it's got some flaws but nothing hard or that expensive to sort out... and it's got a new FSV on it. :Tongue:

13. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

Yes I know but my younger brother is looking for a car, so going to drive this, fix it up and give it to him. Thinking to use my Accord as spares.

Heckler likes this.
  14. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No, sorry. If your Accord was a FL then it would have been the same. But do check that the FSV air admittance filter hasn't become blocked and also give the IMRC bellows linkage a good jiggle to check that the 'swirl valves' are free to move through the full range.

The P1401 is almost certainly due to the EGR valve sticking closed. This could be a few things, but they often do benefit from a good clean...
    https://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-g...ow-clean-remove-fk3-2-2-diesel-egr-valve.html

Sorry to hear about your clutch problem. Are you sure it needs replacement? The self-adjusting mechanism can be a bit sticky and slow to respond but, after a period of slippage, they can and do fully recover... mine when through two separate periods of worrying slippage but was then perfectly OK for the rest of the car's life!

honda_saj and DrSam like this.
  15. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

Thanks for the information @Zebster.
    Yes 100% sure lol
    Have no biting point anymore, when I put the car in gear release the clutch fully the car don't move at all.

16. Zebster Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

OK, yeah, you're probably right then...

BritishBull-Benny likes this.
  17. BritishBull-Benny Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I folks, I'm still getting this code pop up every now an then put it come with p2004 as well as p2006, i can tell when it EML is going to come on now as just before the light comes on I have poor acceleration, I have some time on my hands today so got the tool box out to have a tinker and I had heard that it could be down to excess carbon causing the swirl flap to stick, I didn't have a great deal of carbon inside but I did come across a small amount of oil in the air intake manifold, the car did run low on oil at one point while the other half was driving it, this was before I services it could that be the reason behind the oil in the intake? After looking at it today I suspect it to be the FSV as mentioned above could someone advis which one is the FSV and would I need to get one with the same number on?

Attached Files: