General False Warnings from Central Front Parking Sensor

Discussion in '10th Generation (2016)' started by tomwillie, Saturday 5th Jan, 2019.

1. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    For some time now the front central parking sensor has from time to time been giving false warnings. Sometimes to such an extent that I have to turn parking sensors off.

Car was in for a couple of days several months ago when they changed something on front but this still did not fix the problem which usually occurs after the car has been sitting in rain.

Honda are aware of this problem & Service Manager has advised that parts to cure this problem are expected mid January 2019.

honda_saj likes this.
  2. Nighthawk Club Manager Club Staff

Did they say whats causing it? Good that Honda are going to just sort it.

3. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    sounds like water ingress if after rain

4. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    It now also happens when dry & I have tried using a tissue to dry both the front sensors, that do corners, & the flat black panel on LHS, which I have been told the radar system is behind, but to no avail. Maybe water is getting in behind somewhere. I'll ask what caused the problem when car goes in. In other forums owners have complained about this problem so not specific to just my car.

honda_saj likes this.
  5. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

common issue then no bulletin fix yet then

6. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I have the 1.0t EX and I am getting the same false readings from the front sensors.( beeping and the displays showing my object approaching from front).
    I called into the dealership in Telford today and know of the problem. They took the mileage and have said that they will call me in a couple of days to arrange to remove the fault. He said that he believes there is a problem with the alignment of the front grill.

honda_saj likes this.
  7. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Update from Honda: they are in the process of redesigning the front grill to prevent water ingress effecting the sensors . They are not permitting any modifications to the affected cars until the new grill parts are in stock.
    My local dealer has put my details into the system so that as soon as the parts become available they can call one off to fit to my car. I don’t think this will be a quick fix but at least it will be fixed.

honda_saj likes this.
  8. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Keep waiting or find your own solution :poke: