Factory immobiliser

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by kc1, Wednesday 11th Nov, 2009.

1. kc1 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hello

anybody know is it possible to disable the factory immobiliser? also the immobiliser is it builtin in ECU? b'cos I want to change a JDM EK3 1.5 VTEC..

2. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

it is built into the ECU, you can swap it with a non immob ECU of the same model if there is one and it should work. The JDM ECU shouldnt have an immobiliser built in.

3. jdm_coupe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

not a hope in hell mate, i tryed when u i lost my keys,

your best way is a p28 ECU and get a base map then u won't have the immobiliser problem.

4. jason_p Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

can't b in the ECU cos i did a b16 swop in my ek3 n im usein a p30 ECU. the chip can't b used with different ECU's can they?

5. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats becuase a P30 ECU is from a EG6 and was pre-factory fitted imobiliser, hence why you had no issue, any vehicle from 1997 had to have a factory fitted imobiliser, all UKDM EK's had imbollisers as standard (even the pre 97's), all built into the ECU.

going back to the question, are you saying you have a JDM EK3?. or you want to swap to the engine from a JDM EK3?, not that it maters either way, the JDM market didnt have imobilisers, so you have no need to disable it whatever your doing! :Smile:

al9955

6. Effi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Its not as simple as that, the timing on the P28 is out which means that just putting a base map on won;t compensate for it, you need to get it fully mapped for the engine.

See HondaTech Thread as there is a big discussion on there regarding it.

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 12th Nov, 2009
  7. Remould Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Have you though about getting an auto electrician to remove the immobiliser chip and fit it to the new ECU, or is this not possible?

I'm swapping ECU's on my EP2 (D16V1) to an American D17A2 ECU to give me a higher rev limit.

Here are some photo's that i have been sent, they show what EPROM needs to be swapped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, i know the pictures are terrible, but it may be of help for you. :Wink:

Steve.

8. jason_p Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok i got a question, i took the chip out of my key "97 ek3" did a b16 swop form a Del Sol includeing the p30 ECU. the car won't start unless i put my chip bk in the key... key cutters say il have to get a new key from honda as they can't program it

9. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you shouldt need the chip at all

have you still got the chip?

10. jason_p Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ye still got the chip can't start the car otherwise

11. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats becuase the way the system works is like this;

chip in key - read by trandsponder box - disarms ECU imobiliser

though you don't have an imobiliser, you still need the chip in your key as it is read by the transponder box, so no chip, then no starty!!

al9955

12. jason_p Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

wheres the transponder box? could i take it out

13. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the transponder box is a little black box behind the sterring column cowling, though i don't think you can just remove it TBH

al9955