F*** sake

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by no1carper, Saturday 12th Dec, 2009.

  1. no1carper Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    Well this is another thread about my over payment at work as some of you may remember and i said that my mum sent them an email about this this week i got my p45 through thought nothing of it but today i get a letter saying that i owe
  2. Porker New Member Getting Started

    Why do you owe that? You got your p45, if the total is right on that tell them to fuck off and die...
  3. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    tell them, its there mistake and you hadnt realised it wasnt your money. as you have no job it would be nigh on impossible to pay 2500 back in 14days. so they have a choice which is a) you come to some agreement to pay it back when you get a job. or B) they be an ass and try to take you to court, which would be a long dragged out incident, and as it was there mistake. they may not got there money back at all
  4. no1carper Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    thats the overpayment i worked for 6months got paid
  5. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    fucking idiots, tbh mate id go to court, your going to have to pay it back somehow anyways, but if you go to court then it mite be decided as there mistake and tuff shit! so u get to keep it
  6. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    if it's not declared on the p45, i think you will likely as not have to pay it all back mate?
  7. northwestcivic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    get your mum to pay it back. she snitched on you! lol.
  8. vtecmad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    My brother was in a similuar situation, he had to go court and pay them back.
  9. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    The truth has been spoken..
  10. robbie_g Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    tell them to fuck them self , keep it ..don't pay a penny of it
  11. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    they do have his bank details.....
  12. morf Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    my mam found
  13. sdots Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    Basically law states that it is the responsibility of the employee/recipient of any payment, to pay back any overdue amount.

    Simply put; You have no legal entitlement to the money you were paid as you haven't worked for it.

    Just give them a call before they sell the debt on to a collections company and arrange a realistic amount you can afford, how ever little it may be. If they start to stress you, harass you, you can take them to court. Neither an employer or any collection company can harass you for money that you don't have.

    You could let it go to a collections company and then claim hardship but the only issue is that it doesn't save your ass from being taken into court and the last thing you want is a CCJ.

    Ask your local citizens advice bureau should you need any further advice.

    I only know from experience, I'm currently paying
  14. sdots Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

  15. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    Knew this would happen :Grin:

    If you've still got the money then it's no problem, pay it back and avoid the hassle of going to court, etc
  16. no1carper Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    well there not exactly a small company they are part of the government they want
  17. no1carper Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

    right been a few emails sent and that and they have said if i don't pay
  18. Stokes Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    Dude you knew it wasn't your money, and nothing is ever free.

    Why didn't you leave it, wait for a few months and then if no contact use it.
  19. sk8ter646 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    just don't open to door to the bailifs you don't have to, all you have to say is that you don't wish to enter into a contract with a 3rd party. however don't open the door
  20. F3RG1E Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

    Seems to be a load of this going about, my birds company sent a letter to her for 26 quid lol. Nothing in comparison to 2500g's but still, get their admin department SORTED OUT FFS ! Get people in who can actually do a bit of accounting, fucking rejects! They cock up and bombard you with letters asking for it back. I would tell them its a bit late now seeing as you spent it, maybe come to an agreement only, and only when, you have a job. Deffo aint gonna be able to pay it off with no job or if your on the dole lol.