exhaust question

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by shuaib, Monday 21st Dec, 2009.

1. shuaib Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

anyone know if this exhaust system is any good ?

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3745481 :Angry:

2. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scorpion exhausts are generally ok, but most people sway towards a buddy club or spoon etc.

3. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

All depends on your price and budget! I would try n get a good conditioned 2nd hand exhaust like spoon or buddyclub or even dc sports catback. They can range from 200-400 depending on condition.

4. donzo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

scorpion exhausts tend to be a single straight pipe and massive canister, they are LOUD.

5. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

You can bet they most likely over 100db!

6. roiphy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i got a scorpian on my ep2 cat back stainless with 5" very good exhausts paid bout 390 for mine i think new!

7. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

You find it noisy?

8. roiphy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

not that noisy induction kit over powers it by alot lol but i no when u havnt got a cat on your car and you cut out the middle box and weild a pipe in on a scorpian its extremly LOUD which is what im doing next month, but as standard even with the big 5" its not that bad

9. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i had a scorpion exhaust on the GT-Four and it wasnt really that loud tbh

10. shuaib Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

soo any1 here got the one i had on that link its a gd price i jus wonderin how loud it wud ofc i don't want it to be illegal :Tongue:

11. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not long ago got a scorpion 3" downpipe for my dads Evo, the quality was shite, there was a gap in the weld where the flange that meets the turbo is so I had to bodge it with exhaust paste, couldn't get a socket on one of the flange bolts either because the bolt hole was too close to the pipe and it still had loads of burrs inside it from the manufacturing process.. POS

12. donzo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Got a friend with a decatted scorpion on his B18C6. It's known officially as the loudest car in West Dunbartonshire.

13. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Buddyclub spec 2 is extremely f loud IMO.

14. sugarpuff Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

If your looking for a system around that price get a Piper one.

15. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I got the exact system on mine, the quality is very good its not too loud but still nice, it doesnt look huge either.