ep3 coilovers onto an ep2??? will they fit?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by brumf_88, Sunday 3rd Jan, 2010.

1. brumf_88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi all

my mate is offering me some dirt cheap coilovers for my ep2 sport, but they are off his UKDM EP3. first question is will they fit the same, or are they different fittments?

secondly, i would like them rebuilt as they have covered some mileage. anyone know how much im looking at for a rebuild, and where?

cheers guys

Adam

2. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yes they will i rekon..

3. brumf_88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thats what im thinkin, but want to be sure!

4. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

What make are they ?

5. Tommy3G Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They will fit. My Teins I had on my EP1 were designed for EP3. The only difference is slightly thinner bolt on the rear if I remember rightly.

What make are they dude?

6. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

My friend has tein superstreets for the ep2, its the same model for the EP3! Rebuild isn't cheap i have heard, but your best off contacting tein directly for a quote.

7. Tommy3G Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

He hasn't clarified there Tein yet dude.

8. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh my bad, well which ever coilovers they are check the condition of them first! might not even need a recondition!

9. brumf_88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

2 need a rebuild, they are K tec. my mate says apex are the main uk distributor for them, but they don't stock them now? i can get them for

10. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

11. ID-Workz Commercial Services Trader

You sure your not talking about K Sport?

12. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I haven't heard of k tec coilovers before!?

13. Dynax Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I fitted EP3 Tein Superstreets to my EP1. I had to machine up some aluminium spacers for the front struts as the diameter of the bolts (where it bolts to the hub) are different. Think it was 2mm out, but not hard to fix.

Rears are a direct change over :Smile:

14. bobz_1986 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Defo Ksport if apexi are main uk distributor...

I had them on my EP2 couple years back, nothing put trouble with them really... i had them on the car for around 2-3months, binned them and got myself a set of tein...

15. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

k sport are known for leaking.

16. G6VNP Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

100% they will fit

I've bought EP3 apexi n1s for my ep1 and they fitted no problem atall

17. brumf_88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry guys it was K Sport, still cannot find anybody who will recondition them as Apex don't stock K Sport coilovers anymore and the K sport website directs you to Apex!

18. neg6 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

im sure k tec are for renaults, lol. my friend had k sports on his jordan for a few years one of the rear dampers leaked. on another note get d2's i've had them for more than 2 years not a single hint of trouble. and they don't break the bank, well neither k-sports, but teins are best part of nearly a grand, but then again they are worth it.

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 6th Jan, 2010
  19. Blair Guest

Its something to do with just upsizing one nut on the tie rod.

Saying that, I've fitted Meister Zeta R's on mine, made for the EP3, but the fit my EP2 like a glove, no problems !

Quality product I'm happy, wish I had some summer roads to abuse them with though !