ep2/ep3 striping out the back seats???

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by roiphy, Thursday 17th Dec, 2009.

1. roiphy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi got the weekend off this weekend as thinking i myt have ago at striping the back of myn ep2 out keeping the carpet just the rear seats, for those who have done this, is it that hard?? thanks guys...

2. Blair Guest

8 bolts i think for the rear seats mate, 20 min job

3. roiphy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

wud u recomend doing it?

4. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Get it done, does help a little and an ep2 needs all the help it can get, ran mine stripped for a year now, starting to get a bit tedious if Im honest.

5. roiphy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok cheers ill have ago this weekend, aint hard to put them back if i change my mind anyways, thanks

6. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It is a very simple job to do, make sure you ditch the spare wheel aswell it is very heavy (unless it's a space saver) I think all together mine is nearly 90kg less. That includes front seats and wheels aswell.

7. K Vee Gee Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I took out my rear seats today and it only took me about 10 mins to do.

8. roiphy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

kl i havnt got a spare with myn anyways fu@k nos where i went lol bought it like it, orite ill av ago :Smile:

9. scottiboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

worthwhile and free mod to do

10. roiphy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

had a look today didnt know where to start lol anyone??

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 18th Dec, 2009
  11. Anton Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mine has nothing in the back :Smile:

12. roiphy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

stupid question but where should i start to unbolt them? I've pulled them so they sit flat, had alook can't see any bolts lol me being stuid probs

13. roiphy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

yer your mates with bobby ant ya always se you about...

14. Lance Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate, this is easy! i stripped everything in the back to bare shell in about 25 minutes.

15. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

look around near the seatbelt buckels, there is a 10mm bolt in the seat crease that holds the base in.

remove this and then yank the base out at the front too.

fold seats down.

remove plastic cap and remove two 12mm bolts from large seat portion.

remove large seat portion midle first, and then yoink it out of the hinge at the side of the car, just pulls out, but awkwardly.

then remove bolt in the end of the small seat portion, 12mm IIRC.

remove black hinge part and then push small seat towards side of car to unhook it from the middle and then yoink it out of the side of the car as before.

done.

you can now remove brackets and seatbelts etc, obviously trims aswell if you like or whatever, but thats the heavy stuff gone :Grin:

16. roiphy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

17. jdmcivicek New Member Getting Started

Any body got pics of the striped out back end ?

18. PILFOLD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

here ya go mate i had one just before i went santa pod final last year!

Stripped.

19. jdmcivicek New Member Getting Started

Looks tidy, nice one for that mate, how much of a diffrence does it acctuly make?

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 18th Jan, 2010
  20. PILFOLD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

quite a bit actually mate for some reason the car felt more livelier! weird thou when its like that so much space lol and u hear the petrol pump!! lol as quater mile it does make difference.