engine code, please help

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by Calp87, Thursday 10th Dec, 2009.

1. Calp87 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

alright guys, i am running a jun racing ECU, before ppl ask is it real, i don't know.. it makes car run amazing but it over fuels alot, so....

i got a sir ECU, pluged it in etc,

CEL code, its a 22 which i have looked into and its a

22 VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Defective circuit or unplugged/defective oil pressure switch

forgot to add.. VTEC does not come in at all.. wen code is thrown up.. but works normal.. with Jun ECU,

anyone had this problem.. will i just need to replace the VTEC oil pressure switch ?

2. Porker New Member Getting Started

I would say replace it and that should fix it.

3. Boz. Guest

Check the earth to the VTEC pressure switch. A poor earth can sometimes lead the sensor to fail. Then do what he said ^^ . :Smile:

4. Calp87 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok I will try that! Wear can I buy a new one??

5. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

as said above either the thing is knackered or its got a bad ground. you can loop it at the ECU and just ground it there. you'll get VTEC that way by fooling the ECU but i'm not a fan of removing something like an oil pressure switch. might have one kicking about tho m8 just waiting to here back from a guy about the other b16 engine i have in bits if he needs it for his mini or not.

6. Calp87 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Okie pal well I'm guessing the ECU is fooling it just now? Maybe just worth doing that , i can't afford this over fueling lol

7. Sam. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

By the sounds of it. It will be your sensor isnt earthed.

What i did was just earth it where i earthed the gearbox earth.

Worked fine afterwards.

8. MugenRich Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If it's working with JUN ECU but not your standard I'd not be looking at the switch. If it was the switch it's not work with any ECU you put in it.

Put some oil in it. I'm willing to be this is the casue of your problems. Eough oil preasure in the engine for the JUN ECU to say everything is in order ( lower safe zones allow this to happen, same with the spoon/Mugen ECU's ) and when you plug the standard ECU, it has a huge hissy fit and says no to VTEC, due to not enough oil preasure.

9. PittStop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

or the JUN ECU doesnt ask for an oil pressure switch.

some JDM engines don't even have them.

when i bought my d15b it didnt, but the loom was fucked so im running it with a d16z6 loom with a pressure switch.

itll be your earth, check all the wires for continuity, if theyre all good, the switch is knackered.

obviously check your oil too.

and if your engine smokes (burns oil)

the ECU will disengage Tec if your in it too long, due to the drop in oil pressure.

(experience of this too :Wink:

10. Calp87 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks guys! ...

i went to I B Louds place and got a print out of my ECU pin going to earth / bypass the pressure switch and try that,

for my car burning oil, it does.. not loads, but i check oil every mornin, its never low enough to cut my VTEC with the jun ECU,

will let u know how it goes,

also really want the standard ECU in coz jun has no rev limiter!

11. PittStop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

That ECU sounds uber fake!

12. Calp87 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆