ICE & HFT Elysion entertainment system

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by tino, Friday 23rd Dec, 2016.

1. tino Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Martin Aberdeen
    Have any of the Elysion owners ever used the Video Aux input that's in the centre console, facing the first row of passenger seats?

I tried to plug into it last night but I couldn't work out how to get it to come through the main stereo as there doesn't seem to be an Aux mode

2. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    I don't know much about the Elysion, but the Aux your talking about. Do you know if it's an input or an output port ?
    Have you got a picture to make it easier for us to understand what you mean?

3. tino Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It's definitely an input, and it's factory fitted, which is why I'm confused that I can't get it to appear on the standard stereo. I'll get a photo of what it looks like, it's a 3 cable RCA (red, white and yellow) connector.

4. Dmac New Member Getting Started

Scotland Dmac Glasgow
    I have the same car, and I plug my phone into the Aux and the sound comes through when you select vtr I think. It's one of the buttons next to TV. Sorry my car is at the garage today. I'll have a proper look when I get it back.
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. tino Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hi @Dmac - did you get a chance to look at this? Can you put up a photo of where you're plugging in and what option you choose please?

6. Davep4755 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom DaveyP Whitchurch
    You'll need a convertor that outputs NTSC if you want pictures, and put the dash / console into 'VTR' mode.
    I bought a small video convertor from Amazon for a few quid so I could connect my iPhone to listen to music, etc.
    However, the cable I used wasn't a genuine Apple item, so the phone quickly 'learned' to reject it!