Ek9 style light

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Lyall, Wednesday 9th Dec, 2009.

1. Lyall Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Had a qucik look couldny see anything on it, so was wondering how exactly to tint your lights like EK9 . . . .and what coulour is best for it, ie matt black ?

cheers lyall

2. Jake@redbitz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I was looking for a guide on this to , couldn't see anything though.

And im guessing satin black would be best..

3. sk8ter646 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

here u go lads

EK9 Guide

there used to be one on here but i can't find it, EK9 lights are actually more of a gun metal grey than black.

if you do the mod make sure you post up some piccys

4. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

theres a set on ebay.. 99-00 OEM EK9 headlights.

5. Manbond Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i used rover tempest gray! which at the time that i did them everyone thought this was the nearest colour match!

but on seeing a set of genuine ones your better off with a crome black colour if you can get it?

mb

6. Lyall Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

iwould rather save myself some money and homejob it myself lol , and yeah that rover colour is off bigtime. . especially with me having the facelift lights :Frown:

7. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Facelift lights are abit more difficult to DIY. You need to get them spot on because the lenses are clear and you can see a poor job easily.

8. Lyall Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If not my mate works at a bodyshop so might hand them into him when i get my bumper etc done, and exact colours folks ?

9. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

These are a nice alternatives IMO

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/99-00-Honda-Civic-Black-Housing-Front-Headlights_W0QQitemZ120504070722QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c0e9a3242 - Facelift

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/96-98-Honda-Civic-Black-Housing-Front-Headlights-97_W0QQitemZ140366690215QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20ae81b7a7 - Pre-facelift

10. Lyall Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't want cheap ebay knock off's , thanks anyway dude

11. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Each to their own :Smile:

If you're doing them yourself, make sure you stick some photos up!

12. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

those ones TS666 posted are utter shite

they don't have sidelights and throw a totally garbage beam pattern!

13. steve-o Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i did a set once and used tint spray like what people used to use on there back lights it makes them look a lot more like EK9 lights as it just tints the chrome

the top one is b4 the bottom is after 2 coats i think

14. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^I like these!

haha, was just what I found on egay! how can you tell about the beam pattern?

15. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i bought a set :disbelief

16. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ah I see - you took one for the team!

I bought my headlights off ebay too, but off a private seller - no they're not EK9 or OEM ones and they won't be to everyone's tastes either :Tongue:

17. Craggy-73 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was watching these on eGay but might try a DIY first...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250488979686&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

18. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Those are made by TYC, same as mine, quality for the ones I have are good, had to fiddle a bit to get the beam height right and had to get some rubber gromit sidelight holders as the standard sidelight holder didn't fit directly!

19. Lyall Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't want to buy egay ones, shit fitment etc

20. steve-o Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i will try and get a pic of them on my mates car next time i see him