ek9 bumper on ek3?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Dannny, Saturday 26th Dec, 2009.

1. Dannny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will this work? I'm pretty sure theirs an EK9 in scrapyard near me and I prefer the EK9 bumper.

Cheers

2. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

only if there both cars are the same, i.e facelift and prefacelift. A facelift bumper won't fit a prefacelift without mods, wings lights and bonnet.

3. Darcy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

^^ as long as there both pre or post lift's then YES.

4. Dannny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

so if the headlights are the same shape they'll fit?

5. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

96 to 98 is prefacelift. 98on is facelift. THey look quite similar, but are actually different. Just check the years.

6. Dannny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

nice1 cheers guys :Smile:

7. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

FYI, the rear bumper will fit no matter what year.

8. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

and if there is a Type-R in there forward me the details of the scrap yard because i want that rear bumper!

9. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Why the rear bumper of an EK9? I have a Jordan one (they're the same) if you want?

10. Dannny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

tbh its the front I wanted so I can fit some yellow fogs in the factory holes?

11. FBP EM1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

you would need the fenders, headlights, hood to make the bumper work

12. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

aas they say a picture speaks a thousand words. so heres 4

prefacelift96-98

this EK9's front bumper

DSC01408.

will fit this honda Civic

3615358931_e4b5861e78.

facelift 98on

this EK9's front bumper

t_ek9_817.

will fit this honda Civic

DSC01546.

13. Dannny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

nice :Smile: so the only difference with the pre facelift EK9 bumper is the splitter and lack of bump strips? I just think it'd work out cheaper to get a bumper without the bumpstrips as standard, plus then it means no cracking etc. Any idea how much I'd be looking at for a pair of the pre facelift EK9 bumpers? Also are the side bumpstrips and sill covers painted on them as standard?

Basically I don't want any textured plastic on my car, it's just not right lol

Thanks for the tips so far guys you've been very helpful with my n00b questions :lol:

14. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yes, the sidestrips and sills are colour coded from the factory on a EK9. Not sure on price but try a place called japperformance parts. They break EK9's and will have all the parts you want in stock.

15. Dannny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

just checked out their website, literally they have everythin i need, thanks a lot dude

waitin on em for a price :Grin:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 27th Dec, 2009