Ek3, pre-f... can't see in the mornings!

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Jake@redbitz, Thursday 10th Dec, 2009.

1. Jake@redbitz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Basically , in the morning its got that much condensation you have to wait like 10mins for the car to warm up to get the heaters on hot.

Was wondering whats causing this? Guessing theres a leak in the car somewhere!

Any prone places?

thanks

2. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine is the same mate. I just start the car usually then go and have a cup of tea while it warms up.

3. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

there are things you can buy to treat the windows to reduce this, i think Civics are just shit when it comes to condensation on the windows

4. Stokes Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh, every car is like that dude.

5. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

whats your address? :Grin: :Grin::Grin:

6. linh-ej9 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

iv just spent a few hours just cleaning my windows. for the inside i cleaned it and apply some rain x anti fog and outside i use rain x. works very good about

7. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I live out in the sticks mate, so any car thevies by mine at 5 in the morning is a brave one to weather the cold all night lol.

Deffinatly need a remote start though so I can have the doors locked and I don't even have to put my shoes on to start it. Win :Grin:

8. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9. linh-ej9 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^^^ x 2

have to bloody clean it off proper after applying it though otherwise it will be leave your windows misty.

10. Perry. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

x2 love a cuppa whilst listening to it Purrrr lol

11. Jake@redbitz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

There not lol. My polo never did it! and my dads shity citreon dosent ahah

12. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if in doubt get a dash mounted 12v windscreen heater, im gonna get some rain-x anti-fog :Smile:

13. jdm-mike Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

just put the air con on works for me lol.

14. Jake@redbitz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Not all of us can afford cars with air con mike :Wink:

15. Togger Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

o you see i thought it was just me and a leaky sol! haha yeah i have loads of the stuff!

16. Switch Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mine's exactly the same, still fogged up to hell while all the cars around it are totally clear in the morning.

One of my mates made the point that it probably does it because it's better sealed, so if he's right it's kind of a good thing.

17. sie2050 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

anyone got their back end stripped out??

that will cause it to mist up bad yo cos theres no layer between the metal floor and quarters etc to keep inbetween the cold ass air outside and the interior inside wat happens is the air then gets cooled inside the car and kinda like a fridge the core of the car will get colder than the outside resulting in the air condesing and making a bloody river of your windscreen mine was a bastard this morning looked like morning dew inside the car BASTARD COLD WEATHER

-si-

18. Kozy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine is seriously bad for this because the rear lights leak water in to the boot.

I just use the ICE scrapers rubber edge to wipe the water off the windows.

19. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

x2

Also make sure "recycle" isn't switched on.

I've also noticed with the air con that it works better on the cold setting than on warm, maybe give that a try with your normal heater!

20. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah cold works best without air con too, but what to do if its frozen on the inside like this morning? My window isnt a very good seal, plus no interior