EK skirts onto EG hatch

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by mu5k3r, Tuesday 1st Dec, 2009.

1. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

im buying some EK skirts soon, and fitting them to my EG shouldnt be too much of a problem, they are a bit long but a lil chop should sort it out.

My question:

I want to keep mudflaps on the front, but my worry is they they will not fit perfectly with my EK skirts. will EK ones fit spot on??

2. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

make sure you get some pics on the way threw of doing it for the how to section dude :Grin: and goodluck

3. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

cut 2 inches off the front, and the cut will be covered up by your mudflaps. if not trim it a little so its a smooth fit.

4. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the bender is full of knoledge :Grin: :Grin:

5. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeah i know that, but The mudflaps overlap on the wing and then go tight fitting around the round side skirt. EK skirts are more boxey. so not sure if it will fit??

6. ju5t1n-h Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

you can fuck right off! your stealing like ALL my ideas!

7. andy-g_lfc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Everyone has someone like that.. :Tongue:

8. billy786_1988 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When i did mine, your white skirt holders don't line up for the EK skirts so you will have to modify them ( i only modified two at either end) they unplug by turning them 45` then pull them out.

To make new holes i drilled holes that were just about big enough and placed my plugs in, then slid the skirt on. Thats when i cut the rest off.

9. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

ah nice, how much did you have to cut of the end, also do you have mudflaps on the front?

10. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the mudflaps bit is puzzling me too... i've been meaning to pick up some cheap ej9 skirts and modify them for my EG then have them painted.

Everyone says 'use the front mud flaps to cover up where you've chopped them down'

yeh that's all good, but as you say, EG mudflaps are curved and shaped to sit flush

with the EG skirts not the sharper EK shaped ones.

11. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

^my point, i know the skirts fit, i just want the mudflaps to fit nicely!