Civic/6th Gen EK project

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Reflekt, Tuesday 29th Dec, 2009.

1. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda Civic 1.5 LS VTEC SOHC 16valve 120bhp (from showroom...now i wouldn't know)

Done a few little things.

001. First pictures after a much needed wash as previous owner didnt do much to the exterior for cleaning wise!

Standard by the cat back system which previous owner added.

16/09/2009

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

003. Debadged the ass end, looks miles better. so all ready for a 3 stage cut/polish/wax'n.

17/09/2009

[​IMG]

004. Ripped out the standard Pioneer door speakers and some after market 6x9s in the rear that previous owner replaced. after much love for the last car audio, Alpine Type E, went for the same again. none are amp'd. just running from normal wiring. its just to keep me going for awhile.

17/09/2009

[​IMG]

005. After a much needed scrub up, spent just over 6 hours on the exterior cuttin, glazing, polishing and wax'n, filthy cleaning cloths. it now looks sooo shiny :Grin: must invest in a machine buffer tho, my arms are shattered!

19/09/2009

[​IMG]

006. Small detail on things i want to do was starting to bug me. so today, took out the grill off the bumper, unscrewed the chrome section. Prep with degreaser, primered and the sprayed black.

26/09/2009

[​IMG]

007. Headlights, they so much needed changing, too much shiny chrome bits! so took the units out, armed myself with a hair dryer, my assistant...brother and a screw driver. after smashing my hand doing it getting the cover off. i hired my brother to hold the hair dryer over the seals as i pulled apart the unit. once done, degreased, primered and sprayed black. then applied together while watching the F1 Qualifying. used the hair dryer to help seal the rubber sealant up to stick.

26/09/2009

[​IMG]

008. Before and after pictures of my grill, headlights and bump strips. IMO it looks miles better. now suffering 2 swallen knickles, cut knuckle and pushed back the skin above my nail...ouch!

26/09/2009

[​IMG]

009. This weekend my goal was to sort out the rear lights. JDM/USDM style lighting was needed for!

I went round the scrap yards looking for a EK Civic, only White Horse had them, so i nabbed the rear light wiring loom from an EK and EG. Once home i started chopping a crimping wires together to finally make it work.

drilled out the passaenger side light unit make way for the extra plug.

03/10/2009

[​IMG]

010. Before and after pictures of the rear lights. looks again alot better. If bought off ebay or where ever, they unit and loom will cost over a hundred quid.

just got to take apart the drivers side light unit and take out the fog light plate.

03/10/2009

[​IMG]

011. Right to much iritation, i wanted my splitter sooo bad! So on the way to crediton Galvanizers, i popped in Kirton and bought one...yes we did try sourcing another one a different way but would of taken too long!

05/10/2009

[​IMG]

012. Before and after pictures of the splitter. looks again alot better, levels out the car from the side etc.

05/10/2009

[​IMG]

013. Before and after pictures of the car being de-wipered. As it never clearer the window, thought to loose it Brinn to give a hand.

15/10/2009

[​IMG]

014. Before and after pictures. Took the old badges off, replaced with some yellow honda badges. Still growing on me, but its different.

22/12/2009

[​IMG]

015. After much thinking, thought of Poka DOT theme. Just a few pictures what i used and finished result.

14/12/2009

[​IMG]

016. Step by step of poka dotting my head light unit.

19/12/2009

[​IMG]

017. Before and after pics of the poka dotted head light

19/12/2009

[​IMG]

Thats all been done so far, i was suppose to be lowered 2 weeks ago, but had to buy a few parts ie. shock to control arm bushes as mine have split. but just never got round to getting the parts. did do the front first to see how low she will look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2010 List to do;

* Wheels either, Rota RB Drifts or Rota Track R

* Front grill, Type-R (on order and arriving tomorrow hopefully)

* Rear Spolier either, Type-R or Mugan

* Bonnet Bra

* Engine, B18 (by the summer hopefully

I have since replaced the rear 6x9's for Vibe Slick what ever its called. Due to blowing the Alpines.

Fitted HID's 6000k

The head light may not be to everyones taste!

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 29th Dec, 2009
  2. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Started off good and has since gone a little wayward to put it best..

The de-badging was a good call as the badges were in the wrong place to start off with.

Not a fan of the headlamps nor the front lip but each to their own..

3. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well the front splitter only temp, due to funds as i got a business to run and works vehicle. these times at the moment every pennie worth saving on.

The rear badge will be taken off and replaced with a standard one again or possibly Type-R as the car with be fitted with a teggy b18.

Also, rear arches will be sorted due to rust

4. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

as said started off VERY well, got it all clean and nice, as for the front lip and polka DOT headlights im not feeling them tbh!

(even if they do look ACE off the car!!!) lol just don't think it goes with the car

Not too late to turn around those little niggles and make it as fresh as the paintwork :Grin:

My arches need doing aswell :Frown:

5. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good to see all the cheaper mods done. Im gonna do the tail lights and EK9 lights soon. Just can't be arsed doing it in this shitty weather. Whats next? Alooys and wheels am guessing. Headlights look gay. Nice colour but :Grin:

6. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

as said last of all,

2010 List to do;

* Wheels either, Rota RB Drifts or Rota Track R

* Front grill, Type-R (on order and arriving tomorrow hopefully)

* Rear Spolier either, Type-R or Mugan

* Bonnet Bra

* Engine, B18 (by the summer hopefully)

but again for the headlamp, it won't be staying very long. only something down our way to take the p*ss out of the vdubs with their checkered themes. so chose Japanese with poka dots.

i don't see why spend so much on JDM parts which you could do fraction of the price. that way you don't end up spending more on parts thats worth more than the car...but then again im aiming to get a b18 engine thats gonna rape my bank lol

7. jscivic Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

them headlights are cooool mate well done for doin somethin different although i woulda gone for a more coded colour

8. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i was going with a grey/black/yellow theme.

Whats been ordered and turning up this week hopefully.

* Wind reflectors

* Type-R grill

* JDM front bumper plate relocator from Tegiwa

* Oil catch tank

9. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Are they sportline springs? Av got them, quite gid

10. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

aint got a clue, mate gave them. im gettin rid of them as we think its an 80mm drop. too low for where i am, Exeter a pig for speed bumps, ramps into carparks.

after 40mm springs

11. kev_vtec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i like it mate. i like the front lights aswell.

12. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lmao at the headlights, properly random :Grin:

Great colour thunder grey though, make it niiiice...

Oh and happy birthday matey :Wink:

13. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers andy for the birthday wishes.

thanks all for the comments so far, i will make it nice, my aim too. i aint no fan on body kits.

Ok, today lists to do.

* Fix exhaust

* Fit Type-R Grill which turned up this morning.

* Sort my leaking boot from guessing it'll be from rear lights as i did take them out to do the JDM lighting

post pics up later

14. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latest Update:

018. Before and after shots of my new grill i've fitted. Type-R front grill, ordered monday, turned up today. Think it makes it look more subtle, i actually love. Brings out my headlamp more too.

31/12/2009

[​IMG]

15. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Update:

019. This time was just tweeking with the induction, where the cone was sat before, it was breathing in warm/hot air from the engine under the bonnet. Which caused throttle response poor. at high revs it was ok. I just got the impression it was all noise and no go.

So action was taken, rip out that box in the bumper!

01/01/10

[​IMG]

020. After ripping out the box, realised the intake pipes leading to the air box was in theory pointless. it drew air from inside the engine bay. The box was just doing nothing. So master plan was to cut the U pipe in half nearly, then fix the induction cone to the end that was attatched the air box.

As you can see in the step by step of what i done.

01/01/2010

[​IMG]

021. After fixing all the parts back together, looking at it you wouldn't think anything was done unless you looked in the bumper.

Took it out for a test drive and the throttle response was noticable, much much better. So overal result, good one :Smile:

01/01/2010

[​IMG]

16. Bong Guest

Interesting intake you got there

I prefered the car standard

17. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am going to have to agree with Bong..

18. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

headlights and badges and lip are all awful.

pleese stop.

19. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

badges are gone.

as for the lip, i said before on here its only temp

20. Gav_ek4 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

remove gay stickers and splitter, keep it clean

thunder grey is quite possibly the best honda colour

decent wheels-OEM badges -OEM SiR lip- OEM SiR grill and this car will be so full of win its unreal