Feedback/Help EJ9 Turbo kit help/ suggestions?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by HondaSenses, Monday 12th Aug, 2019.

?

should I buy a eBay turbo kit then replace the turbo and keep the rest of the kit?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. HondaSenses Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Joe Birmingham
    Hi,

Not sure if this is the right area, but best place I can find (Correct me if i'm wrong)
    _
    I want to try make power from my Honda Civic EJ9 (d14z2)
    Ya'll probably bored of people saying that so gonna cut to it, I understand this won't be cheap and probably risky for the engine but fuck it i wonna be that guy with a d14 sleeper aha.

My main question is if i brought a eBay turbo kit and fitted it to the car, I would Expect the turbo to blow and all being a eBay special. But if I kept the kit and fitted that, fucked the turbo off and brought a better turbo (lets say a Turbo Technics one if they did them) would the kit still hold up?

Also, what other ways would people up they're power? Id plan on doing Turbo, Cold Air/ Induction kit, 4-2-1 manifold, full exhaust system. What other mods would you suggest?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you

Currently the car is stock, just gone under rust repair. So now ready for modifications :Smile:

OR - is it really just worth waiting for my insurance to drop more and just swap a K20 into it?

Last edited: Monday 12th Aug, 2019
  2. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

The biggest issues aren't always with the turbo. I've seen oil loss from poor feed lines, wastegates over/underpressurizing and manifolds cracking. Quality parts are always worth more.

Another note I'd probably make would be that I personally wouldn't bother turbocharging a D14, for the effort involved you really wouldn't make much power. A forged D16Z6/Y8 is reasonably affordable, with a proper turbo and such would be mega.

Please let us know if we can help with anything by emailing sales@h-tune.co.uk :Smile:

3. Adrian Flux Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dan Norfolk
    Hi.
    If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
    Regards,
    Dan.

Matt at H-Tune likes this.
  4. HondaSenses Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Joe Birmingham
    Hi Matt,
    Thank you for your reply. Much help, have been looking into this a lot lately and honestly think the best thing to do is keep on my exterior mods for a year or two then change the engine when my insurance drops. (Hopefully find a good k20). Get the car looking where I want then drop the power aha :Smile:

Some people might call it RICE aha but doesn't bother me, love my little EJ9 aha slow or not. Already looking a lot better from when I brought it :Smile:.

Thanks,
    Joe
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hi Dan,
    Could always use help with insurance aha. The tricky part... cost me an arm and leg aha.
    Let me know how you could help? Interested as long as everything is legal aha.

5. Adrian Flux Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dan Norfolk
    Hi.
    If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back and they can go through some quotes if you wish.
    Regards,
    Dan.

Matt at H-Tune likes this.