Weekend Toy Ej9 build

6th Generation (1996-2000) vehicle added by Baggedcivic99, Tuesday 8th May, 2018

1. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Abigail Ballymoney
    Baggedcivic99 added a new Honda to the garage:

Ej9 build

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

CAR UPDATE!

So for the past year there has been this squeaking noise in the steering of my Civic and I finally decided to go on the hunt and it finally became unbearable, so I began to change and upgrade parts which are around and somewhat to do with the steering and suspension.

Skunk2 Pro series Plus front adjustable camber arms was the first thing to be changed apart from the 3H airlift performance kit that was put in at the start of the year which unfortunately did not solve the problem of the mysterious squeak :Frown:
    Shortly after this (by shortly I mean the next week) the front left CV joint decided to stop doing its job which meant I had a loud banging noise every time I drove the car, so that was fixed! believe it or not the week after that side was fixed the right sided decided it didn't want to work either so same story again it was also fixed. :Laughing:
    unfortunately the squeak had not disappeared in this time and I had felt that my steering as a bit weird as if I had hit a curb but hadn't of you know what I mean so I went and got the alignment done and once again noting was solved (as you could probably guess I by now I have a love hate relationship with my car and it was having a bad month and a bit)
    the next part that I bought was lower ball joints which where badly worn to the point where they weren’t safe and if they where used for much longer the wheel could of possibly of fell off which obviously isn’t ideal, so they where installed and thankfully solved my problem of the mysterious squeak :jumpy:

Thanks for reading my car update, I hope that it could help someone with the same problem, there will be more car updates to follow soon! :sparta:

DeviateDefiant and Nighthawk like this.
  3. Nighthawk H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

South Africa
    Looking forward to the next update. What do you have planned for him/her?

Baggedcivic99 likes this.
  4. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I’m not sure yet what is going to happen, I usually just see something I want, save and then do a buy :Laughing: but I would like to find a nice set of alloys for it

Nighthawk likes this.
  5. Nighthawk H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

South Africa
    Spontaneous unplanned mods...I like that :Laughing:

6. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

England Speedy Birmingham
  7. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

CAR UPDATE!! :BooYeah:

So of course with my luck with this car lately she has began to misfire :Rant:!! Got a friend to plug in the car to see what codes it was bring up and it says that it’s misfiring on 3 and 4 with spontaneous misfire.

I’ve replaced the spark plugs on Saturday in the hope that that would solve it, they where all disgusting so a fresh set was well needed anyway, this didn’t solve the problem but while testing each lead at a time we found that when number 3 was removed it made no difference to the way the engine was running and also noticed that there was a crack on lead number 1 which was throwing out sparks which obviously isn’t ideal haha.

So I’ve ordered a new set of HT leads and a new coil pack which should be here tomorrow and hopefully solve the misfiring :Smile::Smile:

Stay tuned for more updates :Wink::sparta:

Nighthawk likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

Good to hear it was an easy fix. Hopefully, she'll back to running well once the new HT leads and coil pack arrive.

9. Nighthawk H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

South Africa
    Lets hope that solves it for you

10. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hopefully! The car has had my head turned as past few months

11. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin Club H-Tune

I had a taxi driver come to me sometime back he had a misfire on his Accord CL7, I diagnosed it being down to a blown head gasket. He didn't believe me.

He came back about two months later after having been to a few other garages, thrown a shed load of parts at the problem and not resolved the misfire.

I change the head gasket for him and voila problem was solved. Sounds like your is just a coil/HT lead issue, so count yourself lucky :Smile:

12. Nighthawk H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

South Africa
    My Honda Ballade (South African version of a Civic basically) blew its coil packs when I was driving through a desert at like 0200hrs. That sucked at the time.

13. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think I would actually cry if the head gasket was gone haha :happycrying:

Usually when it’s something I know I can’t fix myself I’m just like take it! Take my money!! Make her better :lol:

And yea that would be dreadful personally I would just walk away and leave it maybe make a camp fire from it if my car ever done that to me haha

14. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

540159BB-7EBE-4DC2-896E-12B087A27CD9. 25225B89-337E-4A98-85A2-DE699369ED6F. CE3BB744-9420-4E7B-8DFA-9E958DB743F6. 58ACB7F3-A711-4DE7-94B1-6B58952D5F01. 82BBB07C-3F5F-4AE4-9319-35AF34C1E153.

Here’s a few photos of my Civic undergoing a few rash moments and some pictures of her looking quite nice.

Is it just me or is there something therapeutic about taking a grinder to your car?

DeviateDefiant and Nighthawk like this.
  15. Nighthawk H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

South Africa
    Very theraputic. Thats why men love power tools too. Lol.

What were you fixing?

DrSam and Baggedcivic99 like this.
  16. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The top picture with the grinder, a bolt got stuck and I was having none of it :lol: I wasn’t in the mood for my cars bull sh1t and the second one was prepping to patch the sill :Laughing: she hasn’t been tortured in a while :Smile:

17. Nighthawk H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

South Africa
    :Thumbup: Did you win on both occassions? Swear filter is removed so don't worry too much about the language as long as its not unnecessarily over the top excessive

18. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes both occasions where successful :Smile: Sometimes you just need a grinder to make your life better haha

19. Baggedcivic99 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

1D62822D-3177-4F60-9B6B-7D0A80F11061. CAR UPDATE :jumpup:

So along with my car spontaneously misfiring on me it decided to give me a little early Christmas present in the form of a leaky boot :clap: although it’s not a hard to fix as I have already found out where it is coming from and bought two new tail light gaskets for it, it’s still a gift I would of rathered it had of kept and not give me any more bother than what it already is :Laughing:

On a plus note it got a really good wash and a clean out ready for its cover being put on for the winter as unfortunately I do not have a garage big enough to fit the car in.

20. Nighthawk H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

South Africa
    How is the misfiring diagnosis going?