General EJ9 B18C6 swap dash loom question

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by BigManTing, Tuesday 19th Mar, 2019.

1. BigManTing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Max Jersey
    Hi lads, I have a 98 EJ9 with a P3Y ECU, allegedly it's an OBD2A but doesn't look like it as only has 2 plugs on the ECU and 1 green plug attached to the ECU. The engine is from DC2 that's OBD2A as looked at the ECU plugs. I have the teggy loom and everything else but how do I go about the dash loom ? Is there some kind of an adaptor ? Cheers

2. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Matt at H-Tune likes this.
  3. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

Hey @BigManTing ,

Can you post some photos of the plugs so we can try and identify what you're after? We can do a bunch of OBD adapters (Rywire ones, rather than the somewhat unreliable chinese ones) - What kind of DC2 (i.e. what year and where was it made for, i.e. JDM, UKDM, EDM etc.), what engine and which factory ECU did the donor car come with?

From there, we should be able to work out what you'll need to simply plug and play.

4. BigManTing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's a UKDM DC2, not sure what year but it appears to be OBD2A (attached a picture of the ECU) and it's a P73. My car is a preface 98 EJ9 D14A4 with a P3Y ECU

20190317_143047.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 22nd Mar, 2019
  5. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

The P3Y is an OBD2A ECU, so it should just plug in. Can you send us a photo of the difference in the plugs?

Regards.

6. BigManTing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi sorry about the wait, @Matt at H-Tune could you give me your email address, itll be easier for me to send photos etc. Cheers

7. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

8. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Hello @BigManTing I perfectly understand you requesting Matt's email address for ease of communication.
    Could you please post your findings here when you get a chance as this may help other members who are in the same scenario as you.
    Thanks

Matt at H-Tune likes this.
  9. BigManTing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Certainly will do, would love to help out once I sort my car out
    - - - Updated - - -
    Don't want anybody going through the same pain as i am myself

DrSam likes this.
  10. BigManTing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So after a lot of digging about the internet, Facebook, peoples past experiences and help from @Matt at H-Tune it turns out that a teggy engine loom is useless to me and I had to source me an EK4/9 prefacelift engine loom to carry out the swap. Finding one for sale was a nightmare as it seems that they either don't exist or people have a hard time saying goodbye to them

So for anyone wanting to use ALL of DC2 drivetrain and electrics... don't Haha. This case is now closed

Hondalad and Matt at H-Tune like this.