Civic/6th Gen Ej6 SOHC

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by chrice, Monday 9th Nov, 2009.

1. chrice Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So i thought id finaly start up my build up thread on my Ej6 as im finaly progressing with getting somwhere with it! litraly! :Smile:

Here it was when i bought it, (not knowing anything bout Civics, let alone cars)

IMG00056-1.

and its d16y7!! Which HAD to be swapped

(mainly cause the gear box was nackerd, and a range of odd noises)

IMG00022.

so i did a bit of asking around on the forum and research on the engine, i decided to stay with the D-Series and just got myself the d16z6. As the obvious reason of just being cheap :Wink:

Then as getting my bits together

-D16z6 its self

-4-2-1 manifold

-decat

-AEM Induction

I got attacked by the unknown crime of getting onioned?! as driving home one evening i got an onion thrown at my car by what seemed to be little kid's! god knows where they get these weapons! :Angry: but this is the effect...

hhh.

but i decided to focus on the power of the SOHC befor the looks, and went ahead with the engine swap. :Grin:

IMG_0120.

IMG_0122-1.

IMG_0139.

So, after all this now im going to be focusing on the apperance..

-Front grill

-Fixing them damn sidewings

-Spliter

Hopfully i'll be updating this pretty often as im getting well into this now!

Please any criticism! as im sure there'l be loads, espicialy about the D-Series! :Tongue: perhaps ideas for the next stage on getting more out this engine?

I've been thinking bout going down the road of getting it, ported & polished, and new cam's.. springs retainers etc..

Cheers

IMG_0094-1.

2. I B LOUD Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good start so far its nice to see more coupes getting some work done.

3. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looking good mate! is a realy clean car! never heard of being onioned though!!

i've been told you can get a pianted wing from honda for about

4. mackers2k9 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

touch random use of weaponage by the kids has to be said haha. can't believe the damage dun though. lookin good so far dude

5. EM1_Coupe Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

fukin hell little twats

btw nice progress with that Coupe

6. chrice Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

in all fairness I've had step backs...

it was on 17" alloys and didnt have a huge dent...

but hey least I've learnt they sit better on 15"

7. chrice Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

TOTALED

pics and story too follow!!!

FIN

(when it hardly got started :Frown: )

8. andy-g_lfc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Did you write it off dude??

9. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate your joking? what happened??? ps was it in this fuckin epic rain we have had??

10. chrice Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

its all this friday 13th

might aswell get the story in now..

driving home from a mates at like 6 30. going down a 60 road, at 60!!

and a woman just pulled out infront of me from my right. littraly when i was a second away from the road she pulled out of. my front end is now me rear.. just lucky to walk away with my life it was that bad. (been in a neck brace at hospital for 3 hours, making sure i hadnt broken my neck!)

INSURANCE pay out and a pre-face life of some sort? and sporting the b-series?! IDEAS?! lol

11. andy-g_lfc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good to hear you alright dude...

Definetly get the biggest, hugest claim ever and get yourself something even better!

12. chrice Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I wanna get a whip lash claim, but my mum is calling me a siner! I'm in the right considering Iv spent my night getting probed right?! Plus the fact my neck had felt better! Haha any how hopfully I'll be getting a good anouth pay out!

13. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

fuck it mate...if someone pulls out on you claim what you can....if its something silly like a door ding fair play...get money to cover repair...but if someone writes your car off....fuck them....its the hassle and incovinience of not having a car as well...you will be waiting a good 6 months+ to get your money....it sucks....its been a year and 2 months for my bro...and hes still owed like 1300 in expenses etc....

14. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

woooohoooo coupeee :Grin: change them wheels tho :Smile:

15. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate that sucks!!

milk the fuck out of that claim dude! every penny you can!!

get some pics up, I'll try and look without feeling sick!!

16. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

shit mate just read the posts below :/ how gay woman drivers *mad* lol

just think could of been worse as you say everyone got out and walked away :Smile: onwards and upwards squiar :Smile:

17. chrice Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

matttte yeah i better change the wheels?!? - its in pieces mate haha hole front end has just caved.

im not ganna be looking forward to the wait of getting money! but im getting every penny i want. you don't pull out infront of a car doing 60!! F**Ktard woman.

ill get picks up soon, when i get to see my car, didnt get a proper look as i was rushed to hospital with suspected neck injury.

BAD TIMES hardly got to expeirance VTEC! but im looking forward to my next Civic already :Grin:

18. chrice Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lol i didnt think u had chelt_scene.

but yea onwards and upwards... just need the money now...

19. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

are you gonna get the car back off the insurance company to keep the engine and all the other bits?

break whats left of it to keep yourself going for a while!!

20. Porker Guest

Harsh dude, you should buy my prefacelift white coupe...

Get pics up...