eg6 sir vs ek9 insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance & Breakdown Cover' started by Mattharvey12, Wednesday 2nd Dec, 2009.

1. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

please move to correct section if needed, not sure where to put it so i put it it here

when im 20 with 2 years ncb will eg6 SiR insurance be cheaper than an EK9?

as i looked for EK9 insurance when i turn 21 and well its pretty fecking ridiculous

thanks

2. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well i imagine the SiR insurance will be cheaper and it might be even cheaper than that to get a UK EG6. It wouldn't take much to make it handle and accelerate like an EK9 if that is what you want.

3. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah i just want VTEC now im bored of my ej9 lol, and i want a EG with a b16 in it

4. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i know already but im not paying

6. IntermaN Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Who was that quote with?

7. Jono Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As none of us are insurance brokers wouldn't it make more sense to get a quote from one of them rather than ask on here??

8. SamiG Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Buy mine, all the power and handling of an EK9 and more.. for the insurance of an Ek3 1.5 :Wink:

9. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i was just asking what people thought jono but yea i will have a look tomorrow.

samiG im thinking im just going to get an EG as I've always wanted one so i think if i don't get one next i will never own one and i can always get a EK9 after that.

but thanks for the offer lol

10. ozwald85 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

matt if you can't afford the 9 insurance then compramise and get an EG with b series lump in it, seeing as they're nice and light... if your hearts set on a 9 build up your claims for anothor year then see what its like to insure one, its easy to say and hard to do espicially as you're on forums :Smile: you could plough stupid dosh into an ek4/EG and you maybe able to make it fast/faster than an EK9 but it won't compare to the EK9's handling even as standard let alone with spending some moneis to improve the EK9's chasiss set-up just ask ijwhiteman as i always quote when people are looking to modify an uk EK etc.... just my opion im sure someone will arguee the case :Tongue:

11. Jono Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I appreciate that mate but you havent (and shouldnt) disclosed any personal information about yourself which would be the biggest factor in your insurance on either car

12. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah thats fair enough mate. will start looking at college today

13. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just got a good quote on a 1.3 EG DX,

14. Ross_D15b Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yeah i wouldn't risk it if i was you.

Don't know if you've mentioned, but how old are you? As my EG6 costs me less than that on a policy which allows me to add 'basic' modifications free of charge (i.e. minor cosmetic stuff or a set of wheels) and when i added; exhaust, filter, coilovers, upgraded brakes and seats they charged me 15 quid for the first 3 and brakes and seats free as they were an 'OEM replacement'.

That was through a small local insurance breaker, which you'll often find will get you a really good deal, as so many people use online insurers. Also means you can sit down and talk with the insurer face to face, which IMO helps as if you bash in your say 19 for example and want to insure a group 16 car; they'll assume the worst and send you a ridiculous quote to deter you from using them as they'll see you as a liability.

15. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

have the insurance "caught on" to EK9s yet?

i know that elephant/admiral/bell had them listed as Civic 1600cc VTEC R (Import) and they weren't all that expensive to insure....sure my quote on one at 21 was in the region of about

16. Ross_D15b Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Bell have them as Type-R (imports)

Even still i just did an honest quote on there and got back

17. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

18. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well im 18 at the moment and 19 on the 17th of this month. and early next year 2 years no claims.

so do you recommend trying to find local brokers?

also look for insurance that allow modifications at not much extra charge

cheers ross big help

19. ozwald85 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

id go for an insurance that allows mods matey im with adrian flux on my EK9 and they accept all mods including roll cages!! if you get a car that regiestered as 1.3 and has a b series in it always best to declaire as you said above if something happens and its found to be that the car no longer has its original engine thats stated on the v5 i suspect your claim would be void.. best advise wait till you can afford it!!!

20. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i will make sure i get a quote with them then. but i will easily have 4k by april and hopefully insurance don't rape me