Civic/5th Gen EG6 SiR-T Track Beasty

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Alex Knight, Monday 26th Nov, 2007.

1. Alex Knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Greetings all,

Firstly let me introduce myself, I am a bit of a Honda head having previously owned an EG6 UK VTi on spray and a '98 Spec DC2 Integra. :Grin:

For the last 5 years I have been into turbo power from www.gt4oc.net reaching 380BHP and a 12.5sec standing quarter. However, this all got waaay to expensive with my new house, which leads me to my new toy:

I have just acquired a JDM '91 EG6 SiR-T with the absolute and sole intention of making it my track toy and nothing else.

The people who owned it before me were a bit 'chavvy', so unfortunately it has some modifications that are not to my taste, but this will be sorted soon, but what matters is that the mechanical basics are there:

JDM B16A - 10.4:1 170ps Engine. 8200RPM and 8500RPM rev limit.

Genuine Spoon Sports VTEC Controller for EGs (!) :O

Unknown 4-1 Stainless Manifold

Mongoose De-Cat Pipe

Mongoose Stainless Exhaust

Generic Short Ram Intake

Uprated Leads

Unknown Springs matched to GAB Adjustable dampers

Drilled and Grooved Front and Rear Discs (soon to be swapped for stock!) :O

JDM Wind deflectors

JDM Foglights

Some 16" TSW Wheels (to be changed for 15"s)

All this for the princely sum of

2. tedman Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Heya mate, looks like a great track toy! Only wish i could do the same!!! I know your tryin to save money, and save weight So how much do you want for the foglights and wind deflectors? PM me if your interested... Cheers man...

3. Brookstyle Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Looking great! Bet it'll fly with less weight :Wink:

If you fancy selling the front lip I'll snap it up off you :Grin: PM me if you do wanna sell it :Smile:

4. Alex Knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys!

I'm going to start stripping the car this saturday, (and will be taking pictures) and will be starting up a (probably mahoosive) for sale thread, so you guys are going to have to wait until then!

I've been out of the Honda scene for so long, I've lost touch a little bit with used parts prices so I was thinking about offering all the parts up for sale with no price, and then seeing who makes the highest offer for each part?

What do you guys reckon? Is this fair?

I am a bit clued up on what stuff like the wind deflectors fetch over here and in the states, but I still think I wanna do the 'private auction' thing!

Comments, suggestions?

5. danscivicsir2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This has been somewhere before?

BINGO

http://forum.hondarevolutions.com/viewtopic.php?t=52729&highlight=

6. Alex Knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Aha! I did wonder, cos I did a lot of research and couldn't come across any references for a Civic SiR-T!

That's the same car though, must have gotten around a bit, filthy monkey!

Looks like it's an SiR-II then. Would I be right in assuming it comes with a factory LSD, or was that an option, not standard?

7. danscivicsir2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Should be stamped on the box!

Y21 LSD or theirabouts and yep it was an option!

8. Alex Knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Whereabouts on the box? Saves me looking too hard cos it's dark down there! lol

9. Brookstyle Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Quick Google reveals that the doesnt seem to be a Civic SiR-T, but theres an accord SiR-T...

So maybe someone swapped an SiR-T hard enamel badge on after the original SiR-II badge peeled off?

It's definately the Accord badge... http://www.autolism.com/images/honda/Honda_Accord_CF_SiRT_Emblem.jpg

10. Alex Knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Certainly looks that way.

Either way, I'll be removing the badge anyway!

11. Brookstyle Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

:Grin: every gram helps :Grin:

12. Alex Knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yup, just gotta try and stay off the cheeseburguers! :_please:

13. danscivicsir2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A little sticker with a barcode saying Y21-42398903 something

The LSD (if it has one) should have a stamp in black on the top looking dwon from the top!

14. Alex Knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks very much.

15. Martin civic Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

that looks clean man you just got to change a few things and you ve got it the way you want, has it got LSD?

16. Alex Knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Updated pics after starting the stripdown yesterday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apologies for the mess! It took hours yesterday and I was pretty knackered, so I haven't been arsed to give it a good clean yet.

Found out that one of the drivers seat bolts has been sheared off as well, so I'm gonna have to drill the fecker out and get the tap and die set out. :Angry:

Sum total of random loose change found? ?0.08p! :Smile:

17. danscivicsir2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Loose the Spoon Controller. Losing power with that!

And if your gonna do the stripping properly get rid of the A/C and P/S

:Smile:

18. HONDAndy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good start, this should be an intersting thread :Smile: ..and welcome to CL btw :Smile:

19. Alex Knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VTEC Controller is set all the way over to the stock (5750RPM) setting at the moment, though I might set it to around 5200-5300RPM for the track as it irritates the crap out of me when you drop out of VTEC on the odd occasion.

Thanks for the welcome! :Smile:

Will keep this thread updated as the parts start to arrive (and go!).

20. danscivicsir2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Better off losing it mate

Saps quite a bit of power! Youll notice it when you disconnect it for a day! :Smile: