eg hatch condensation issues

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by johnb25-6, Sunday 22nd Nov, 2009.

1. johnb25-6 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

getting highly annoying this, im up at 6am for work and cars always condensed badly. I've got a small leak into the boot from up on the roof somewhere,

anywhere specific egs usually leak at the back ?

any tips for condensation ?

antifog ?

salt ?

silica sachets ?

cheers alllll

2. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

get some product that you clean your windows inside with (pregnated wipes or sponey thing) which reduces fogging up inside :Smile:

I just blast the heaters for 2 mins and all i good.

3. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i know my mate's EG6 leaked into the boot from one of the roof gutters, so just lift the stipping out and check it out

al9955

4. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Any moisture into the car will cause this, your best to stop the leak than to try and stop fogging issues. And the only way to cure a leak is to find it by water testing !!!

5. Togger Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i have this in my del sols, its really annoying. Im also far to disorganised/impatient to wait for 2/3 minutes for the to clear! its really annoying though! Need to get the car in the garage and a dehumidifier in it or something?

Will never find the leak though!

6. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rain-X anti-fog ftw.

As said though, there may be a leak somewhere or water collecting which causes it.

7. JoeLSi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=9456&frostProductName=Air+Dry++++++&catID=15&subCatID=&FrostCat=Car%20Care&FrostSubcat=

8. johnb25-6 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

you used one joe ? like a big silica sachet basically ?

and cheers greeny ill check roof gutter.

rear hatch seals known t go on these regularly?

ta all

9. JoeLSi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I haven't myself, but was recommended one last year by a mate who had an old MGB and said it was a god send. I intend on getting on when i get paid.

10. johnb25-6 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

payday thursday, thats first on my list then.

cheers all

11. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

rear hatch seal poss

roof rails poss

rear light seals are a foamy material and i think they dry up and leak, just soak them with wd40 to get them back to shape then vaseline them to keep them moist(i love that word)