Tools Draper Multi purpose pump 1 litre review

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by Harvey, Sunday 14th May, 2017.

1. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

20170514_112322.

Today's little review is of a Draper multi purpose pump 1 litre.

If you have hard to access points on your car, where you need to add fluids, this handy little tool is for you. I recently used this to replace the gearbox oil on my Accord as access to the level fill plug is rather difficult.

What I like about it

A good quality feeling plastic bottle with a good strong pumping action on the pump plunger. It also has a nice little hooked pipe on the fill tube so that it can be hooked inside a level fill hole. The cap and pump feel of good quality also, and the cap features a vent hole that also doubles up as a return port for unused fluids so that a mess is not made.

What I don't like about it

The length of pipe could be abit longer to allow for even easier positioning while under a car or in an awkward place
    the pump could ideally go all the way to the bottom of the bottle to use all of the fluid inside it, rather than leaving a smidge in the bottom.

Over all this is a handy tool if you need to fill something with fluid that is in a hard to reach place, it certainly beats struggling with a length of pipe and a funnel to try and fill a gearbox.

Mine was purchased from ebay

You can find some here draper 23242 | eBay

2. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    great thanks for info could be handy

Harvey likes this.
  3. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No worries mate.
    Its certainly better than struggling with a pipe from up top, when you can see it from the wheel arch ( I took my passenger side wheel off to do the job from there, its awkward, but can be done.

honda_saj likes this.
  4. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    yes much easier and quicker as well :Smile:

5. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    I had one these and it was quite poor in a sense it did not last that long! pumping 2.5 litres of MTF via that takes the toll on the plunger and the second time you come to use it it will fail.

What you need for the gearbox refill is this

upload_2017-5-14_23-41-40.

Funnel with flexible spout, filter and hose made by laser you can rest it around the fuse boxes . Then pop in the long tube into gearbox oil filler and you will fill the gearbox in 5 minutes versus 20 minutes with the pump.

Overall length 480mm
    165mm diameter funnel with filter
    Complete with flexi shaft
    Flexible clear hose 3/8" x 600 mm long

Nels, Harvey and andy83 like this.
  6. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

always the optimist @Ichiban

To be honest, it seemed robust and after 2 litres of fluid pumped, it was fine, it did its job, the one job I bought it for that I will probably not use again.

honda_saj and Ichiban like this.
  7. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    I have three cars and I use all my tools quite a lot so I come to know what is good and what isn't that good. The funnel is wide and it rests perfectly between the air box and fuse boxes ,no bending down constantly to insert after one litre of MTF. Just good old gravity feeding the system.

You can pour one litre bottle into the massive funnel walk away have cigarette or cuppa and then drop the next one.

The pump is to messing fiddly and annoying and which will fail the funnel on the other hand has multiple uses and no moving parts.

andy83 likes this.