double din console surround. possibly custom?

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by FrAz, Monday 16th Nov, 2009.

1. FrAz Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys i was wondering if i can get a surround for my centre console that allows me to put a double din headunit in the console.

I wanted to relocate my heater controls to the JDM centre console. I found this pic below which is quite similar to what i want mine to look like.

dmp6k7.

2. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

im not sure mate, but that will look seriously cool if you do it :Smile:

3. tobyfisher1990 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thats lush i want 1 :Smile:

4. FrAz Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

someone on honda-tech made one out of fibreglass i think and it looked mint! i thought of the idea when i got my avic d3 and then looked it up and found one person had done it! if someone can make one out of fibreglass and then sell them on then i can see some money being made lol! shame im useless with fibreglass:Smile:

5. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get hold of an old dash/centre bit and DIY it mate! its not that hard if you put some time into it and go over it a few times :Smile:

6. FrAz Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

gonna give it ago mate just trying to get hold of one now. ill put some pics up once its done.

7. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i have found this in the FS section, if you could get hold of a RHD one it would be easy!

EGcupholders1.

8. Jameshop Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i have a right hand drive dash insert as picture above in really good condition, PM me if you are interested...

also, the center consoles arent cheap to be cutting about with, if i were you, find a cassete centerconsole form the coupe's as you can pick them up cheaper and you wouldn't be too worried to fuck it up

or custom fab an EK console to fit, I've seen it done before

and that would be cheaper again :Wink:

9. FrAz Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

its not the centre console mate its the one above that surrounds the heater/radio cluster thing.

10. FrAz Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

its not the centre console mate its the one above that surrounds the heater/radio cluster thing.

11. J88 AAF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if you decide you want to put the screen in the double din centre console instead then PM me as i've got two double din centre consoles to sell, and one of them has been modified for fitting a screen into already by a previous owner.

12. J88 AAF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if you decide you want to put the screen in the double din centre console instead then PM me as i've got two double din centre consoles to sell, and one of them has been modified for fitting a screen into already by a previous owner.

13. EG-nath Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im sure you can get what are called audio consoles from america that are double dins?

they have removable sections etc

i have one but don't have the double din drawer for it

14. EG-nath Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im sure you can get what are called audio consoles from america that are double dins?

they have removable sections etc

i have one but don't have the double din drawer for it

15. FrAz Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i allready got a centre console mate, and my double din head unit is allraedy there. but i wanted it where the heater/radio supposed to be and relocate the heater controls to the centre console.

16. FrAz Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i allready got a centre console mate, and my double din head unit is allraedy there. but i wanted it where the heater/radio supposed to be and relocate the heater controls to the centre console.

17. FrAz Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

are you sure its not just another JDM centre console mate?

18. FrAz Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

are you sure its not just another JDM centre console mate?

19. Jameshop Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

dude, i have no idea what you are on about which hasnt already been explained, but good luck with it :Tongue: haha

i thought my post was pretty clear...

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 17th Nov, 2009
  20. FrAz Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

some reason i thought u were talking about the cassette centre console thing that Civic coupe is trying to sell here lol!

http://www.civiclife.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58891&highlight=console

how much did u want for it mate?