General Does Anyone Have Any Honda Tools - London?

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Mark89, Tuesday 28th Aug, 2018.

1. Mark89 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Mark london
    Hey guys,

I'm having troubles with my immobilizer as I jumped the battery with they key in the ignition and it has lost sync with the keys and needs resetting. However I've called out two mechanics and they both said they couldn't fix it and think theres another problem with it.

I was just wondering if the community here have actual Honda tools they use themselves at home and if someone is available to pop around (£50?) and resync my keys? As I can't afford the £200 both ways to tow the car to Honda.

Thanks!

2. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    am i missng something here ? year and model of car would help
    some cars have an inertia switch fitted this could maybe have been tripped
    more information on your car would help !

3. Mark89 New Member Getting Started

Sorry fella I thought it was displayed in the side profile thingy,

Its a 2002 1.4 7th Generation Civic Manual.

It needs the keys to be re synced to the immobilizer as there is a design flaw with the 7th Generation that if you attempt to jump start the car with the key in the ignition when making contact with both batteries, it scrambles the codes.

I used to own a Volvo and on that forum a few people had the actual Volvo gear and reset lots of things for pennies as opposed to dealer prices.

Thanks!

4. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    okay not familiar with that problem ? but with 40years of mechanical engineering i still learn something new every day

5. Mark89 New Member Getting Started

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I know it sucks and the only way I found out is by doing exactly that. I had the key in the ignition, connected both batteries and before I know it, green flashing light on the dashboard. I googled the problem and EVERYONE said the same thing on every post and thread since 2005. "Did you have the key in the ignition?"

It was a flaw with the voltage failsafe and that is that there is none! so if there is a sudden burst or surge (such as two batteries being connected together) it scrambles the codes.

6. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
  7. Mark89 New Member Getting Started

I've check the engine fuseboxes but never thought to check the dash one. Didn't know there was one. I'll take a look in a minute. Thanks!