Does anybody know how much it costs....

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by coxxy, Monday 9th Nov, 2009.

1. coxxy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

to K20 a EK Civic?

im talking about anybody know of or had done a K20 into EK conversion... including brakes... engine. gearbox... everything you need?

also what sort of price would thesame again be but with a B18C engine please??

and if anybody has done it, then was it worth it?

2. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i'm not too sure but i'd say around 3k for a proper b18c conver and 4k upwards for a decent k20

3. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Look in the forsale bit CC imports have an EK k20 swap up for sale in there i think

4. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

For a K20 mate your looking around 5-6k Although it depends alot on what K you go for. You can pick up an EP3 motor for around 1500, or a Type-S motor for around 800ish or a DC5 motor for around 3000. Thats all based on doing it yourself. How tidy you want the job. Also things are bound to go wrong if your doing it yourself. So you have to take that into account.

Its the parts that make it so expensive. Custom mounts and exhaust manifold etc. So budget around 3k for the parts not including a motor.

Is it worth it. Just look on youtube. Iv not done it yet, but I think it so is.

5. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

6. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

iv looked into this alot you can do it quite cheaply if you DIY and if you get some one who lives in america to buy you the parts instead of buying them and getting raped!

7. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Still gonna cost you a few thousand mate, by all means this is NOT a cheap motor swap.

8. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I vote B20.. Alot cheaper, alot easier, similar power.. Keep the B Series alive y0 :Grin:

9. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

oh yer i know mate i looked into it for an EF and the parts come to about $3000 not including the engine lol! :Tongue:

10. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

More than in my opinion you can realistically afford.

11. kipper Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If it were me i couldn't justify the extra 3k or so over a B18-R swap.

12. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just realised you included the TypeS motor in there, why? Tommy couldn't even give his away... lol

13. coxxy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

so where does good swaps

14. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

From the top of my head,

You got;

PerformanceTek in Scotland area

HondR in Oxfordshire.

..............?

15. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

them 2 bon mentioned are good, or there is garage 786. They are doin one at mo. Check the trade section. I've just had a quote for labour from performancetek. And labour aint bad. Its the parts that cost. But check out hybrid racing in america, they sell all parts needed. And if your sensible and just buy whats needed. It aint as expensive to do as you'd think.

16. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

you are talking a lot of dorrah! 3/4k upwards!

I could never justify spending that sort of money on a late 90's hatch back! If you can then kudos

17. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Theres two places in the UK I'd goto for a conversion, both of them are in Scotland :Smile:

18. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I.m planning on spending that on a early 90's saloon. Oh well its something to do.

19. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i take that back, i could justify it on a 90's car like a S14, R32 something like that, i just can see myself getting my money back on a Civic when i come to sell if i have invested 4-5K on a engine.

Its great if your in a position where that doesnt matter but unfortunatly i am now :Frown:

20. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i hear what your saying, but i don't do it to make money, i do it for the satisfaction that i've made that. And its a hobby it passes the time. Plus if i do decide to sell. I'll probably break it to make as much money back as poss.