Dirt 2

Discussion in 'Technology, Gaming & Phones' started by Relentless, Friday 1st Jan, 2010.

1. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is it worth buying?

I need a new game and theres nothing else out for a while, I would usually just buy it but after NFS Shift which was a let down I could do without wasting the

2. V9DPW Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i purchased nfs shift, sent it back and exchanged it for dirt 2 and was not disappointed, great game :cool:

3. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

IMO its not as good man, played it at work and surprisingly nfs shift is better than dirt 2! take it you don't like left for dead 2??

4. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i downloaded the demo and thought it was shit lol

5. F3RG1E Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Im usually not into rallying games (last one i owned personally, was on the ps1) but i loved dirt 2, the rs200 in it is the damage. Quite a beefy career mode. Suprisingly good online aswell and i think its deffo worth 20 quid anyway. Should try the demo first or rent it, once you get used to the cars its suprisingly good.

6. Bong Guest

I think i'll just buy it, not played L4D2 want a bit of a change from FPS playing MW2 way to much

7. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    I really like it. graphics are insaine.

8. Hondafan Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Frank Zoetermeer
    good game all though i prefred dirt 1 which was a bit more serious with proper wrc cars and super1600 ECT

9. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I hated NFS Shift, it was utter garbage. DiRT2 is pretty good.

10. Bong Guest

Had to order it off Amazon as its the only place that has it in stock, tried 3 game shops in Stockport and two in Manchester today and no where has it in stock which I thought was reall weird

11. jdmek4sir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i thought nfs was shite, also thought left for dead 2 was pretty shite and extremly boring. Dirt 2 i didnt think was gonna be that good but i love it although it can get a bit repetitive at times but overall a good game IMO

12. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its quite a hard game on the higher difficulty settings, especially the various types of rally stage event which require near perfect driving. On the PC, the graphics are good but to max it out you'll want an overclocked GTX 200 series or the ATi equivalent. Its quite CPU hungry too, it loads my overclocked Q6700 (3.6Ghz) to 60%

13. Bong Guest

I have an 8800 GTS 512, its not really had any problems considering its age, I can play all games maxed out in 1680 x 1050 apart from Crysis

Going to start gathering bits for a new rig soon, couple of parts a month, mines getting on now and I want to run higher resolutions