Design spec inconsistency...?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by k3-secret, Friday 25th Dec, 2009.

1. k3-secret Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quick question, I

2. Porker New Member Getting Started

That's pre-facelift and facelift I blieve.

3. k3-secret Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I thought this was pre-facelift:

z0gzt.

Oh and on the first pic above, both cars are 54 plate.

4. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Right, I THINK its usually, the 1.4 have the indicators in the wings, so that means they don't need them in the wing mirrors.

Where as the 1.6/2.0 Sport/2.0 Type-R, the wings on them are blank, so they have them on the wing mirror.

I think this is the reason but I will confirm it....just can't seem to remember much at this time in the morning!

5. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not an option at the time! Its to do with pre facelift and facelift.

6. k3-secret Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So does that mean the EP had 3 facelifts?

7. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

No only 2, but during the pre facelift to facelift. It goes non facelift 02-03, anniversay 03, 04-05 facelift, then final premier edition 55-06. Different styles of interior, list goes on etc....

8. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

think ones a 5 door and the other is a 3 door model.

9. k3-secret Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wow, that is confusing as hell, that's for clearing it up a little

10. k3-secret Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NA, i've seen it on both 3 and 5 doors

11. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

^^^^ is that not it no??

The above is FACELIFT.

12. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

but if he said both vehicles are 54 plates then this FL or pre FL is bollocks :Smile:

13. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Type-R's have darker chrome headlights, all other spec had the normal chrome. The same with normal EK's and EK9's :Smile:

Wing mirror side repeaters appear on all facelifts, the year inconsistency may be due to the fact some pre-facelift's were registered late or in the same year they first brought the facelift out.

14. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

If your not happy with the lights front and rear, change them.

15. k3-secret Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This image counteracts your statement, its a 55 PLate (one of the last EP's), its a facelift, although not with headlights or indicators on mirrors.

2yxne69.

This is not the only example, there are loads on AutoTrader.

I

16. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Never noticed that before, maybe it's the base spec that has them in the wing then...

Kinda glad I've never noticed it tbh, means I was only ever interested in the Type-R :Tongue: lol

Waste of money buying an EP 1.4/1.6 IMO, EJ9's are awesome first cars :Smile:

17. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i think it's just simply a case of different specs then, anyways whats the big hoo haa about it lol? don't think it's inconsistency just the way different models are spec'd.

18. k3-secret Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just for info, the above car is SE spec lol

Yeh, i would like an EP3, but i got a DC2 already :Wink: and only want a daily to replace the Polo, so a nice 1.4 or 1.7D would be great hence all the attention to detail.

19. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I see, whats wrong with the polo?

20. k3-secret Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

it's done it's job and now it wants to die :Smile: kinda expected after 140k miles in a tiny 3cyl :Grin: