Decat for an EJ9?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Al, Friday 25th Dec, 2009.

1. Al Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hey guys ... sounds stupid but I don't really understand all these measurment for exhausts and things, (2.5" 3" etc etc) then there is JDM length and UKDM length?!

I need a decat for my 2000 reg EJ9 1.4L ... where can I get one?

Thanks! :Grin:

Alex

2. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

trust me you don't want a decat for an ej9,, its defo gna give you less mileage..

or if your loaded with money then any decat should fit :Smile:

3. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Decat it if you want, just make sure you get an o2 sensor extension so as to not confuse the ECU. If you don't then it'll be over-fuelling, meaning it'll potentially be losing power!

My EJ9 had this problem, yet still made 109.8bhp on a dyno. It would've made more if it was A ok. lol

4. Al Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fair enough, cheers guys :Grin:

Maybe hold off on that for a while then :Tongue:

Alex

5. gumbar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol i put a janspeed decat on mine when it haD THE d14 in and it did something to the poor car because that night it chucked a massive blue flame out the back and next thing i know it started burning oil and smoking like fuck

bye bye piston rings!!!!

get another cat cheap from the scrappy, knock it through if you realy wana do it on a D14 as i keep telling people, it an engine built for econemy, not perfromance

6. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

also if you really want to decat .. you can also put the 1.5 centre pipe on, thats what i did to mine and i rekon it did make a slight diffrence in power.. but was drinking like a 3.0L

7. gumbar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

possibly the coolest color scheme ever you got goin on your car kahn_V lol

8. SeanEK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Stuck a custom stainless decat on mine and it went through some amount of fuel.

Must say though, it sounded good and i got the odd flame out the exhaust. But decided to fit the cat back on for better economy.

9. TEGIWA Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

We do them

See my sig

10. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What a load of crap. I decatted my old EJ9, no problems, still managed 300+ miles from a full tank if I wanted to.

11. Al Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok well I think I'll leave it for now anyways :Tongue:

If I do decide on going for one will probs buy from you guys at Tegiwa anyways ... didn't realise you did them :Grin:

Alex

12. kipper Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Jeeze thats a bit unlucky :O .

Your making a decat sound dangerous. It's just a straight through pipe in his exhaust not an xs power turbo kit from ebay he's wanting to run on his ej9 lol. and i didn't notice any major fuel economy difference's. :Smile:

13. DanT Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

chances are the reason you were all rinsing fuel was coz it sounded so nice u ragged it more in lower gears lol..i know i had that problem in my last car :Smile:

14. stevo_d Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

mine only has an 02 sensor before cat not one after if his is that same shouldnt make any diffrence to fuel economy as the ECU isnt reading if the cat is doing its job should it i no on VAG it doesnt,

and to who eva had the piston rings go i can't see how the decat did that all a decat does is allow exhaust gases to exit faster increase volumetric effiency (can't spell i no)

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 28th Jan, 2010
  15. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:Smile:

16. gumbar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol m y decat was stupid, until i did the swap it was pointless

17. phizaL Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

decat FTW?? or no?

18. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On mine it had the lambda on the manifold, then one on the cat. The cat one is just to make sure that air flowing through the cat is actually being filtered or whatever and does not actually control fuelling or anything. It's just like a double check thing. So if you put the decat on it will become useless anyways as the decat obviously will not be doing anything with the emissions so the sensor will be like huh? So basicly decat if you want :Grin:

19. Al Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would like to decat for the exhaust note mostly :Tongue:

My cat is already throwing a CEL code so I have an engine warning light perminantly on... not sure if the sensor is dead or the cat is dead really haha

Alex

20. DanT Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im making my own decat...what power gains will be made from a decat anyway? coz arnt they the most restrictive part of the exhaust system?